Halloween Ultimate Pro – PinEvent

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    PixelJunkie
    Participant
      @pixeljunkie

Updated***This fixed the issue***.  I must of missed doing the upgrade after installing Pinup Player.

LOL!  I’m literally staring at the FAQ in another tab after I swear I read the entire thing and see this…

On all the PUPDMD displays, the words are followed by numbers, like this: “TerryRed|255” or “John Carpenter|78341″…

you aren’t properly updated to Pinup Player 1.44 or higher

I will confirm in the morning if that fixes it.  I’m pretty sure it will.  Like I said, your guide is fantastic and thorough!

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

New DOF ROM Name CHANGE for the current PinEvent tables!!!

For a day or two…there may not be DOF for these tables for anyone who updates their DOF from DOF Config Tool!

I’m in the process of finalizing the big PinEvent 1.4 update…and also updating all 3 current PinEvent tables and PuP-Packs.

NOTE: the table’s “rom” name will be changing for all 3 tables on DOF Config Tool. Arngrim changed them to the new name…but there is an issue with the new names that DOF doesn’t like…and Arngrim is sleeping right now so he can’t fix it :)

The changes will be in the cGamename in the PinEvent section to match what will be on DOF config Tool.

cGamename = “FP_JAWS_ULT_PRO” ‘name of this table’s DOF Config as listed on the “DOF Config Tool” web site

cGamename = “FP_HALLOWEEN_ULT_PRO”

cGamename = “FP_RETROFLAIR_BAM”

All those tables will all need to be changed to:

cGamename = “FP_PE_JAWS_ULT_PRO”

cGamename = “FP_PE_HALLOWEEN_ULT_PRO”

cGamename = “FP_PE_RETROFLAIR_BAM”

…but don’t make any changes yet …or just wait for the new PinEvent 1.4 updates and the updated tables and pup-packs.

I just wanted everyone to know why their DOF may not be working for these tables right now.

TerryRed
          @terryred

PinEvent 1.4: PUP Stream update

Now Available!

For new installers or those updating… the process is the same!

Everything has been updated and needs to be installed and in this order:

– BAM latest version. Download and install it again even if you just updated, as the newer pup plug-in was just added to the current version!
          – DOF Config Tool config files (all PinEvent tables have new rom names)
          – Pinup Player 1.45 beta
          – PinEvent 1.4 files
          – setup PinEvent_Setting.vbs
          – all 3 PinEvent tables and PuP-Packs are updated. DO NOT copy files into the old PuP-Pack folders! Remove the old tables and files. It’s all new!

BAM latest version:

You MUST install the latest update to BAM (1.5-290 when this was posted) for PinEvent based tables to work!

• even if you already have 1.5-290, download and install it again (from the latest “ZIP” update file, not the EXE installer)
          • a new updated PuP Plug-in was added to it (and is REQUIRED for PinEvent), so be sure you update using the zip file, not the exe installer

https://www.ravarcade.pl/download

DOF Config Tool configs:

Pinup Player 1.45

• many of the new pup-pack options now use Alpha Overlays… so everyone MUST be updated to pup 1.45

Install Pinup Player:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

…then update to Pinup Player 1.4.5 or higher (its REQUIRED for PinEvent PuP-Packs):

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

========================================

Once you have all the above done…

Then install the new PinEvent 1.4 files

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pinevent-dof-mx-pup-ssf-pupdmd-pup-stream-for-future-pinball/

PLEEEEEEEEASE…. follow the PinEvent Install Guide same as before! There are big changes and new features!

Don’t assume it will just work the same, as you need to make your settings changes in PinEvent_Settings.vbs! Follow the updated install guide!

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pinevent-dof-mx-pup-ssf-pupdmd-for-future-pinball/#post-171545

Updates and changes with PinEvent 1.4:

PUP Stream

• the new BAM PuP Plug-in allows you to stream any PUP window into Future Pinball as any texture anywhere in the table
          • this allows you to see the PuP-Pack and PUPDMD “in” Future Pinball itself
          • PinEvent PUP Stream options allow you to display ANY program’s window (not just PUP) on the Future Pinball Backbox, Backglass, FullDMD, Apron Cards, Desktop HUD, and on the playfield
          • works in ALL modes (Desktop, Cabinet, VR)
          • read more info in the PinEvent Guide

PuP Screen Changes

There are changes in regards to what pup screens are used. Please read and make the appropriate changes!

• “FullDMD / Apron” (Screen 5) is now used for FullDMD instead of the Music screen for size and position. Make sure you setup your “FullDMD / Apron” screen the same way you did the Music screen (on your cabinet’s middle screen,etc). Read the PinEvent guide for more info
          • “Game Select” (Screen 6) is now used for the new Backbox AIO option (square and 4×3 backbox users). Read the PinEvent guide for more info
          • “Game Select” (Screen 6) is now used for the new PUP Stream – Desktop PuP-Pack option. Read the PinEvent guide for more info

…. and some other updates for integrating smoke’s ball rolling code for FP Sounds into PinEvent.

New PuP-Pack options!

Backbox AIO: options for “square” and “4:3 and 5:4” Backbox monitor users. This uses the FullDMD and includes a complete ready to go speaker panel, with everything already setup for you. Just position and size the PuP “Game Select” display on your Backbox monitor! The PuP-Pack will use that for sizing and positioning everything for you!

PUP Stream – Desktop: this is used for single screen Desktop (or VR) users who use the new PUP Stream feature to stream the PuP Backglass and FullDMD into FP directly so they can see in in fullscreen on their desktop HUD, the table, the FP Backbox, the apron cards and the playfield! You will need to display the PuP-Pack on a dummy plug monitor or unused spare input of you monitor (connected to your video card). Then just “Quick Position” to size the PuP “Game Select” display on your dummy plug monitor! The PuP-Pack will use that for sizing and positioning everything for you!

Updated tables and PuP-Packs

• RetroFlair BAM, Halloween, and Jaws have new table updates and PuP-Pack updates
          • the old tables and pup-packs are NOT compatible with PinEvent 1.4!
          • remove the old PuP-Pack folders. Do not mix old files with new files!
          • note that I had to split 2 of the new pup-packs into multiple zip files…and then had to change the file extension so I could upload them to the site
          • just follow the directions on the install instructions for the table and pup-pack for how to rename the zip files so you can extract the pup-pack.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/future-pinball-pinevent-tables/

That should be enough to get you guys going! Just follow the instructions and you are good to go!

Enjoy the very cool PUP Stream update!

I need to sleep now.

davidcd13
          Participant
            @davidcd13

Hello,
            I got an error when launching the table:
            Pinball Meditation error
            Error: line 1
            “PP.lsWindowsValid”
            However the table starts and I see that the DOF works because the beacon lights up

TerryRed
              @terryred

Hello,

I got an error when launching the table:

Pinball Meditation error

Error: line 1

“PP.lsWindowsValid”

However the table starts and I see that the DOF works because the beacon lights up

You MUST install the latest update to BAM (1.5-290 when this was posted) for PinEvent based tables to work!

• even if you already have 1.5-290, download and install it again (from the latest “ZIP” update file, not the EXE installer)
              • a new updated PuP Plug-in was added to it (and is REQUIRED for PinEvent), so be sure you update using the zip file, not the exe installer

https://www.ravarcade.pl/download

1 user thanked author for this post.
              davidcd13
              Participant
                @davidcd13

Thank you so much,
                Everything works now. I had updated BAM with EXE installer instead of ZIP.

elvinu
                Participant
                  @elvinu

Thank you TerryRed for all your hard work on the Pinevent updates.  I hope you’ve passed your kidney stone by now.  If not, you might think about giving it a name and saving up for its college tuition (since I heard it’s like giving birth  ;p).

Help, this new stuff is too complicated for me . . .

I’m a single screen user that was up-to-date with your previous version of your Halloween FP Pinevent table.

After following most of the new instructions (“most” and not all since I don’t have a dummy monitor; I just have my laptop), I was able to get this new Halloween version working like the Desktop.jpg image in your Pup-Pack_Options folder: like the previous version of the table.  However, I had to use the editor and edit Option 2’s Full DMD 16×9 and add the following CustomPos “4,0,0,100,100” since that was present in the previous version.

At any rate, I then thought why did I just go thru all that new installation if I’m not going to put these screens all over the table in the wooden frames. Thus I then tried to do the following: see Halloween2.jpg. Except rather than see the text on the white background, I’m trying to get the Full DMD and Backglass to appear in these wooden frames.

Halloween2

I switched to Option 6, edited the PinEvent_settings.vbs file, adjusted the script, and after hours of tweaking all I see now is the following: see Halloween.jpg below. Note I saw that a user posted a similar problem in FB regarding the text in white boxes so I also tried a full reboot to see if that would fix the issue but no luck.

Halloween

Here’s a pic of my edit to the script:

script

And I’ve attached my version of PinEvent_Settings.vbs

I’m not sure how to get rid of the large versions of the DMD and Backglass that are on the left side of the screen, and then get them into those wooden frames.  Is this because of my not having a dummy monitor or did I mess up in editing the vbs file or the script?  Or maybe all of these.  I feel like the “dummy” right now.

TIA

elvinu
                  Participant
                    @elvinu

I wasn’t allowed to attach my vbs file so here it is:

AddDebugText “PinEvent_Settings.vbs 1.4 loaded”

‘/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
                    ‘/////////////////////////////// PinEvent SETTINGS ///////////////////////////////

‘ By TerryRed
                    ‘ Version: 1.4
                    ‘ June – 2020

‘ The PinEvent_Settings.vbs file is where the user’s default PinEvent settings are set for DOF, PUP, PUP_SSF, PUPDMD, PUP Stream and Nightmode.

‘ You need to change the settings in these sections, based on your setup.

‘ PinEvent PROFILES
                    ‘ PUPDMD Default Settings
                    ‘ PUP Stream Default Settings
                    ‘ PUP Stream Default Windows
                    ‘ DOF Settings
                    ‘ SSF Settings
                    ‘ NIGHT MODE

‘ ############### PinEvent PROFILES ###############

‘ – set what features you use to true and what you don’t use to false in EVERY profile you would use
                    ‘ – you MUST set “useFP_Sounds = False” (no FP mechanical sounds) if you need “usePUP_SSF = True” (use PUP SSF for mechanical sounds)
                    ‘ – you don’t want to have useFP_Sounds and PUP_SSF to both play the mechanical sounds at the same time!

‘ Night Mode Options are: 1 = Future Pinball Sound 2 = PUP SSF Sound

‘*** Desktop: Profile 1 ***

If PinEvent_Profile = 1 then
                    usePUP = true
                    usePUP_SSF = false
                    usePUPDMD = true
                    usePUP_Stream = true
                    useDOF = false
                    useFP_Sounds = true
                    NightModeOption = 1
                    End if

‘*** Cabinet: Profile 2 ***

If PinEvent_Profile = 2 then
                    usePUP = true
                    usePUP_SSF = true
                    usePUPDMD = true
                    usePUP_Stream = true
                    useDOF = true
                    useFP_Sounds = false
                    NightModeOption = 2
                    End if

‘*** VR: Profile 3 ***

If PinEvent_Profile = 3 then
                    usePUP = true
                    usePUP_SSF = false
                    usePUPDMD = true
                    usePUP_Stream = false
                    useDOF = true
                    useFP_Sounds = true
                    NightModeOption = 1
                    End if

‘*** Custom 1: Profile 4 ***

If PinEvent_Profile = 4 then
                    usePUP = true
                    usePUP_SSF = true
                    useDOF = true
                    usePUPDMD = true
                    usePUP_Stream = false
                    useFP_Sounds = false
                    NightModeOption = 1
                    End if

‘*** Custom 2: Profile 5 ***

If PinEvent_Profile = 5 then
                    usePUP = true
                    usePUP_SSF = true
                    usePUPDMD = true
                    useDOF = true
                    usePUP_Stream = false
                    useFP_Sounds = false
                    NightModeOption = 1
                    End if

‘############### PUPDMD Default Settings ###############

‘ Set the PuPDMDDriverType based on the type of DMD display you will use.

PuPDMDDriverType = 2 ‘ 0 = LCD DMD (4:1), 1 = Real DMD, 2 = FULL DMD (16:9 fullsize screen)
                    useDMDVideos = true ‘ true or false to use DMD splash videos. (false may be preferred for real DMDs that are monochrome)
                    useRealDMDScale = 0 ‘ 0 or 1 for RealDMD scaling. (for Real DMDs only. If enabled, useDMDVideos should be set to False!)

‘ – LCD DMD is for a standard DMD size (4×1 ratio)
                    ‘ – Real DMD is for those who use a real DMD.
                    ‘ – Full DMD is a 16×9 ratio full size display (like a modern Stern cabinet)
                    ‘ – cabinet users with a dedicated 3rd screen/DMD will set this to what they use in their cabinets
                    ‘ – Desktop / VR / PUP Stream users should set this to FullDMD (that is what the tables will use for PUP Stream)
                    ‘ – useRealDMDScale may not work nicely for all tables. It’s best to keep this set to 0 by default.

‘############### PUP Stream Default Settings ###############

‘ PUP Stream uses the BAM PuP plug-in to stream PuP windows into FP as a texture so you can see PuP or PUPDMD “in” the FP table.

‘ – these are the options available to display a PuP stream in a PinEvent FP table (that has support for these features)
                    ‘ – all options are designed to stream a 16×9 ratio window (except for BackBox_AIO)

usePUP_Stream_FullDMD = true ‘ PuP FullDMD displayed on the FP backbox
                    usePUP_Stream_Backglass = false ‘ PuP Backglass displayed on the FP backbox
                    usePUP_Stream_ApronLeft = true ‘ left apron card
                    usePUP_Stream_ApronRight = false ‘ right apron card
                    usePUP_Stream_PF_Screen = true ‘ playfield mini screen
                    usePUP_Stream_HUDLeft = true ‘ Desktop mode only, HUD on the top left
                    usePUP_Stream_HUDRight = true ‘ Desktop mode only, HUD on the top right

usePUP_Stream_BackBox_AIO = false ‘ used only with PuP-Pack option “BackBox AIO”. Don’t enable the other PUP Stream options if using this (it causes a heavy drop in fps for all streams)

PUP_Stream_Delay_Start = 4000 ‘ time in ms to delay PUP Stream on startup. You may need more time depending on the speed of your system

‘############### PUP Stream Default Windows ###############

‘ Set the names of the windows that will be used for the PUP Stream options

‘ – streaming multiple “different” windows that are displayed on the same monitor / tv can cause heavy drops in fps for ALL streams!
                    ‘ – one window displayed per monitor / tv will have much better performance and almost no drop in fps (ex: 2 different windows on 2 different monitors)
                    ‘ – you can use the “same” window multiple times on the different options below with almost no additional drop in fps
                    ‘ – the default is to use PuP Backglass (PUPSCREEN2) and PUP FullDMD (PUPSCREEN5) windows, but you can specify any window you want to display

PUP_Stream_FullDMD = “PUPSCREEN5”
                    PUP_Stream_Backglass = “PUPSCREEN2”
                    PUP_Stream_ApronLeft = “PUPSCREEN5”
                    PUP_Stream_ApronRight = “PUPSCREEN2”
                    PUP_Stream_PF_Screen = “PUPSCREEN2”
                    PUP_Stream_HUDLeft = “PUPSCREEN5”
                    PUP_Stream_HUDRight = “PUPSCREEN2”

PUP_Stream_BackBox_AIO = “PUPOVERLAY6” ‘ DO NOT CHANGE!

‘############### DOF Settings ###############

‘ Set what will be used for DOF (Direct Output Framework) mechanical feedback for pinball cabinets.

‘ – normally you can leave these all enabled, unless you have specific devcies you don’t want to be used with DOF

useFlipper_DOF = true
                    useSlingshot_DOF = true
                    useBumper_DOF = true
                    useSolenoid_DOF = true
                    useDropTarget_DOF = true
                    useDropTargetReset_DOF = true
                    useTarget_DOF = true
                    useKnocker_DOF = true
                    useChime_DOF = true
                    useBell_DOF = true
                    useShaker_DOF = true
                    useGear_DOF = true
                    useFan_DOF = true

‘############### SSF Settings ###############

‘ Set what will be used for PUP SSF (surround sound feedback)

‘ – normally you can leave these all enabled, unless you have specific sounds you don’t want to be used with SSF

useFlipper_SSF = true
                    useSlingshot_SSF = true
                    useBumper_SSF = true
                    useSolenoid_SSF = true
                    useDropTarget_SSF = true
                    useDropTargetReset_SSF = true
                    useTarget_SSF = true
                    useKnocker_SSF = true
                    useChime_SSF = true
                    useBell_SSF = true
                    useShaker_SSF = true
                    useGear_SSF = true
                    useFan_SSF = true

‘############### NIGHT MODE ###############

‘ When Night Mode is enabled, the DOF noise makers (solenoids, etc) are disabled to keep your sleeping spouse happy at night!

‘ – set what key you will use to toggle Night mode. Consult the Future Pinball manual to know what the keycodes are. Example: 36 = J key

NightModeKey = 36

‘///////////////////////////////// END OF PINEVENT SETTINGS ////////////////////////////////
                    ‘///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

If PinEvent_Profile = 1 then AddDebugText “PinEvent – Desktop Profile”
                    If PinEvent_Profile = 2 then AddDebugText “PinEvent – Cabinet Profile”
                    If PinEvent_Profile = 3 then AddDebugText “PinEvent – VR Profile”
                    If PinEvent_Profile = 4 then AddDebugText “PinEvent – Custom 1 Profile”
                    If PinEvent_Profile = 5 then AddDebugText “PinEvent – Custom 2 Profile”
                    If PuPDMDDriverType = 0 then AddDebugText “PUPDMD Default = 0 LCD DMD”
                    If PuPDMDDriverType = 1 then AddDebugText “PUPDMD Default = 1 REAL DMD”
                    If PuPDMDDriverType = 2 then AddDebugText “PUPDMD Default = 2 FULL DMD”

‘############### READ BELOW FOR A DESCRIPTION OF EACH PINEVENT SETTING ###############

‘ usePUP

‘ – must be set to True to use any Pinup Player (PUP) features.

‘ usePUP_SSF

‘ – set to True to use Pinup Player Surround Sound Feedback for the game’s mechanical sounds

‘ usePUPDMD

‘ – set to True to use Pinup Player for PUPDMD features (4:1 LCD DMD, Real DMD, or 16:9 LCD Full DMD)

‘ usePUP_Stream

‘ – set to true to use the BAM PuP plug-in to stream a Pinup Player (or any) window into FP as a texture so you can see PuP or PUPDMD “in” the FP table.

‘ useDOF

‘ – set to True if you have a pinball cabinet with DOF feedback and lighting.

‘ useFP_Sounds

‘ – set to True to use Future Pinball for the game’s mechanical sounds (which only plays in stereo L/R channels)
                    ‘ – set to True if you are playing on a normal desktop setup.

‘ You MUST set useFP_Sounds = False (no FP mechanical sounds) if usePUP_SSF = True (use PUP_SSF for mechanical sounds)
                    ‘ (you can’t have FP and PUP_SSF both play the mechanical sounds at the same time!)

‘ NightModeOption – this option sets what will play the pinball mechanical sounds when Night Mode is enabled.
                    ‘ – you need to set this for each PinEvent_Profile

‘ Night Mode Options are:

‘ 1 = Future Pinball sound
                    ‘ 2 = PUP SSF sound

‘ ####################################################################################

‘ How PinEvent Works

‘ – the table will load the PinEvent_Variables.vbs and then PinEvent_Settings.vbs file to load your default settings as well as your Profile. This is based on what PinEvent Profile is set in the table script (0-5)
                    ‘ – by default the table is set to Autodetect (0), and will choose a PinEvent Profile based on what mode Future Pinball is using (Desktop, Arcade/Cabinet, VR)
                    ‘ – PinEvent will then load PinEvent_Control.vbs and check to see if DOF and PuP are installed.
                    ‘ – if they are not installed, then the DOF and PuP features are disabled and their commands are bypassed (the table will operate like a normal Future Pinball table).
                    ‘ – if PUPDMD is enabled, then PinEvent_PUPDMD.vbs is loaded
                    ‘ – if detected and enabled, a DOF session is started, and the PuP-Pack is started
                    ‘ – the table will now play and trigger and control DOF / PUP / SSF / PUPDMD if enabled
                    ‘ – shortly after the table starts (3-6 secs), any PUP Stream options enabled and working will appear on the table

‘ Custom Settings on a Per-Table Basis

‘ – the PinEvent table’s script has a “PinEvent Custom Settings for this table only” section.
                    ‘ – this can be used to override the PinEvent settings in the PinEvent_Settings.vbs file.
                    ‘ – this is only if needed for custom settings on a per table basis.
                    ‘ – an example would be if the table doesn’t offer your preferred PUPDMD feature, or you need to use a different PUPDMD setting for a specific table.

‘ Pinup Player features and PuP-Packs

‘ – if you are using any Pinup Player features, you may need to edit the table’s PuP-Pack with the PuP-Pack Editor, to enable/disable only what you use (PUPDMD, Topper videos, etc)

‘ DOF (Direct Output Framework)

‘ – if you are using DOF in a cabinet for feedback and lighting, you will need to update your DOF config files from the DOF Config Tool website (to retrieve the PinEvent table’s updated DOF config)

TerryRed
                      @terryred

@elvinu

First….stop messing with the table. Leave it alone. Use it as it was. You don’t need to to do any of that. You are overthinking this.

Did you read the entire install instructions for the “updated” PinEvent guide as was mentioned you should do?

There are changes to what PuP screens are used, and how you should use them,etc. Music (Screen 4) is no longer used as PUP now has a dedicated FullDMD Screen (5).

If you are not using a dummy plug monitor, or a spare input from your current monitor (to act as a second second screen) to display the “PUP Stream – Desktop” pup-pack on (so it can be streamed)… then you do NOT enable PUP Stream at all.

All you had to do was leave usePUP_Stream = false, and the table will not display all the PUP Stream frames, and white text boxes.

If you are just trying to use the pup-pack on top of FP in Fullscreen Windowed mode…then just use PuP-Pack Option 2 (FullDMD), and position your PuP “FullDMD/Apron” screen in the top left of your desktop screen (pup has a nice 16:9 button now). You don’t need the Backglass unless you want it shown (the videos are now all on FullDMD for Halloween).

That said… if you have an unused output of your GPU on your laptop (nvidia or amd needed), I HIGHLY recommend:

• try to get a dummy monitor plug connected to your GPU…
                      • or if you didn’t have a laptop, try connecting your GPU to a spare input of your monitor (it should be seen as a second monitor)
                      • use “Quick Position” in PuP Display settings to position “Game Select” on that second monitor (it needs to be a 16:9 resolution like 1920×1080,etc)
                      • then use PUP-Pack option “PUPStream – Desktop”
                      • now enable usePUP_Stream =true
                      • change Future Pinball to FULLSCREEN (this is a BIG advantage to PUP Stream)
                      • do not run Borderless Windowed Gaming!
                      • close FP completely, the run it and play the table
                      • what will happen is the pup-pack will display on the second “dummy monitor” (you can’t see it)
                      • now 3 to 6 secs after the table starts… the PUP Stream frames will appear, and the pup-pack will be streamed from your second dummy monitor “into” FP on those white text boxes

PUP Stream used with a dummy monitor allowing you to run FP in Fullscreen is SO much better than messing around with FP in Windowed mode. I HIGHLY recommend it!

yinyan
                      Participant
                        @yinyan

great update got mine working – but how do you change what the left/right aprons are showing i want to switch mine round

TerryRed
                          @terryred

great update got mine working – but how do you change what the left/right aprons are showing i want to switch mine round

In PinEvent_Settings.vbs. this is for ALL tables by default.

'############### PUP Stream Default Windows ###############

' Set the names of the windows that will be used for the PUP Stream options

' - streaming multiple "different" windows that are displayed on the same monitor / tv can cause heavy drops in fps for ALL streams!
                          ' - one window displayed per monitor / tv will have much better performance and almost no drop in fps (ex: 2 different windows on 2 different monitors)
                          ' - you can use the "same" window multiple times on the different options below with almost no additional drop in fps
                          ' - the default is to use PuP Backglass (PUPSCREEN2) and PUP FullDMD (PUPSCREEN5) windows, but you can specify any window you want to display

PUP_Stream_FullDMD = "PUPSCREEN5"
                          PUP_Stream_Backglass = "PUPSCREEN2"
                          PUP_Stream_ApronLeft = "PUPSCREEN5"
                          PUP_Stream_ApronRight = "PUPSCREEN2"
                          PUP_Stream_PF_Screen = "PUPSCREEN5"
                          PUP_Stream_HUDLeft = "PUPSCREEN5"
                          PUP_Stream_HUDRight = "PUPSCREEN2"

PUP_Stream_BackBox_AIO = "PUPOVERLAY6" ' DO NOT CHANGE!

If you want to change this differently per table… then you do the in PinEvent Custom setting in the table script near the top (be sure to change all settings to what you need…. not just PUP Stream.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          yinyan
                          Participant
                            @yinyan

thanks thats brilliant

elvinu
                            Participant
                              @elvinu

Yeah, I know I shouldn’t have added that CustomPos using the editor but I was trying to get this new version to look like the previous Pinevent version where the DMD is in the upper left corner.

Since I used Option2 in the previous Pinevent version, I used it in this version too, however I guess because of the new adjustments (or a mistake I made), the DMD was now full screen for me so I needed to shrink it down. I double checked my PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat dimensions for the DMD and they were still my old values. I then tried editing my PinUpPlayer.ini file for this table but that didn’t work either.

That’s when I compared the pupfiles and saw the CustomPos from the previous version. I noticed how screen 11 changed to screen 5 but I was desperate to shrink that DMD since I wanted to get it working like the previous version before attempting the Pup streaming. And it did work; I went from the left screen to the right.

Left Right

That being said, I’m still trying to see if I can stream videos into those small wooden frames as a single screen user on a laptop which I’m using all over the house. So even if I purchased a dummy monitor, it’d be a pain carrying that extra screen around everywhere.

I’ve got the table looking like the screen below right now. Is it possible to stream the video content in my upper corners (Full DMD and Backglass) to the smaller windows on the table? Or can this new system only stream videos from a dummy monitor?

Halloween3 copy

I’m not fast with all the new installation steps so after my long install process, I really want to reap some of the benefits of your new system, one of which is the streaming to other areas on the table.  And unfortunately, I’m a laptop user who is all over the place when I play.

Hoping there’s a solution for us laptop users . . .

If not, I’ll just “leave usePUP_Stream = false” ;(

TerryRed
                                @terryred

@elvinu

This is a dummy plug monitor. It’s small and you can leave it plugged in all the time. It’s just a little dongle. They come in HDMI and Display Port, maybe VGA as well. If your laptop has an HDMI or Display Port (or VGA)… its worth trying to get one to see if it will work. It’s a MUCH better solution than what you are trying to do (FP in Fullscreen runs much better)…and they are cheap.

dummy plug

That said…yes you can do what you want…as I just did it myself right now.

• I set FP to run in Forced Borderless Windowed
                                • set usePUP_Stream = true
                                • set usePUP_Stream_HUDLeft = false and usePUP_Stream_HUDRight = false
                                • I use PuP-Pack option 2. I highly recommend using only FullDMD pup-pack options because PUP Stream is designed only to show that on the tables
                                • I positioned the pup “FullDMD/Apron” screen on the top left, and the pup “Backglass” on the top right
                                • I use pupdmddriver  = 2 for FullDMD in PinEvent settings

After the table loads, the pup-pack starts and appears in the corners. then after about 3 to 6 secons, PUP Stream starts and it works… as long as the pup-pack is not covered up.

Here’s a pic of me running it now.

pup stream windowed

elvinu
                                Participant
                                  @elvinu

Wow, that’s a lot smaller than I thought it was.  Added it to my cart.  Now gotta add some more stuff for free shipping.  Maybe some toilet paper  ;D

Thanks for all the info and help.  I’m gonna take a little break before trying Jaws and Retro.

rodrigo8
                                  Participant
                                    @rodrigo8

After many nights drinking coffee non-stop and few bags of crackers reading forums and memorizing backwards instructions besides having to lie to the wife that I am “working” I discovered that I would have to update from 1.1 to 1.2, but now the errors are different, I don’t know if you can help. After 5 seconds table loaded, meditation box: Script error: line 1 Object doesn’t support this property or method: ‘PP.IsWindowValid’  after that everything gets stuck.

Many people have some kind of Patreon page to support their Pinball stuff  but in fact they do not contribute anything to the community. You are THE GUY in the community and everyone knows your potential, it would be a pleasure to contribute financially to any of your projects. Think about it. I watched all your “1000” hours of explanatory videos amazing job Terry.

I just found (it works)

even if you already have 1.5-290, download and install it again (from the latest “ZIP” update file, not the EXE installer)
                                    a new updated PuP Plug-in was added to it (and is REQUIRED for PinEvent), so be sure you update using the zip file, not the exe installer

The audio of the plunger, flippers and bumpers are muted. Do you have any idea what it might be?

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

After many nights drinking coffee non-stop and few bags of crackers reading forums and memorizing backwards instructions besides having to lie to the wife that I am “working” I discovered that I would have to update from 1.1 to 1.2, but now the errors are different, I don’t know if you can help. After 5 seconds table loaded, meditation box: Script error: line 1 Object doesn’t support this property or method: ‘PP.IsWindowValid’ after that everything gets stuck.

Many people have some kind of Patreon page to support their Pinball stuff but in fact they do not contribute anything to the community. You are THE GUY in the community and everyone knows your potential, it would be a pleasure to contribute financially to any of your projects. Think about it. I watched all your “1000” hours of explanatory videos amazing job Terry.

You have to update “everything” as my previous post mentioned. This means updating:

• new BAM update (using the 290 or higher ZIP…NOT the EXE installer). Download it again, because you need the newer pup plug-in that was included with it
                                      • new pup 1.45
                                      • new PinEvent 1.4 files
                                      • new table file
                                      • new pup-pack

Everything was updated for the PUP Stream update. The install instructions for each table also tell you these requirements.

elvinu
                                      Participant
                                        @elvinu

This is a dummy plug monitor.

I received my dummy plug today and got Halloween looking the way I wanted!!!

Halloween

Thanks TerryRed!!!

TerryRed
                                          @terryred

This is a dummy plug monitor.

I received my dummy plug today and got Halloween looking the way I wanted!!!

Halloween

Thanks TerryRed!!!

Perfect! That’s exactly how it’s supposed to look and work.

Be sure you have:

– Future Pinball Video Settings in FULLSCREEN now (not windowed), and vsync enabled
                                          – don’t run Borderless Fullscreen programs
                                          – remove any pupinit.bat from the PinEvent pup-pack folders you may have been using

Future Pinball should now run MUCH better, and you don’t even notice that pup is running in the background! Just be sure to close FP each time you exit a table before reloading or starting another table.

Since you are streaming two streams from the dummy plug… you are better off not streaming the pup backglass (PUPSCREEN2) at all (since halloween and retroflair doesnt show any videos on the backglass with fulldmd pup-packs). This will give you better fps on the FullDMD.

Jaws is the only one you benefit from by having both the pup BG and fulldmd streamed, since it has videos on the pup bg. So you can use PinEvent Custom settings for Jaws in the table script to enable both only for that table.

elvinu
                                          Participant
                                            @elvinu

Perfect! That’s exactly how it’s supposed to look and work.

Could any of the new Pinevent installation files have messed up Popper?  I just set FP’s video to FullScreen, removed my pupinit.bat files for those 3 tables, removed FP from my Borderless Gaming program, and tried launching your 3 updated FP tables via Popper and my Popper now isn’t displaying the videos in the playfield area.  Just black.

popper

I rebooted and it’s still the same.  They did come back once when I launched Retroflair, played a little, and then esc back to the Popper menu.

I’ll look thru the FB posts.  I think I read about other people having popper issues recently.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 125 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?