Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 355 total)
  • Author
    knightrider
    Participant
      @knightrdrx

that’s great! it’s update time..so many things to do at once!

He Who Laughs Lasts
      Participant
        @binoictoothpick

Great game. I wanted to report on version 52 I have the ball stuck in cauldron.

jdsabin1
        Participant
          @jdsabin1

I do not have DOF enabled in VPX. Would this create any slowness in initially loading this table? I use DOF for SSF in all of my FX3 tables but again, have disabled the plugin in VPX. It takes 75 seconds to load on my cabinet (3 screen), and inside popper it takes 114 seconds or so. I’m at a loss. Thx.

Numiah
          Participant
            @numiah

I tried both ways and noticed no difference in load times.
            However I’m making use of an SSD.
            Lighting fast when it comes to loading times. This particular table takes only a few seconds to fully load.

Bally widebody - i5-4690 - 16Gb - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF - Nvidia GTX1660Ti 6Gb - 256GbM.2 - 60Gb SSD (Win10Pro) - Samsung 49" 4K UHDR - 30" LG Backglass - 17" LCD dmd - iPad as topper - Ledwiz - Teensy - iPac32 - 8 Contactors - 5 Flashers - Gear - Shaker - Knocker - Addressable strips and matrix - 2 Strobes - RGB under cab - RGB buttons - 3-axis Tiltbob

outhere
              @outhere
              MemberContributorvipModerator

@numiah – (Harry Potter) From the moment you double click the game file until the game is ready to play how much time?
              My 3 screen cabinet takes 26 seconds
              Windows 10
              I7 4770
              SSD
              1070 video card

Numiah
              Participant
                @numiah

@numiah – (Harry Potter) From the moment you double click the game file until the game is ready to play how much time?

Windows 10

I7 4770

SSD

1070 video card

atm I’m not near my cabinet.
                I’ll do a measurement tomorrow. My specs are nothing fancy though.
                Let me check that as well :scratch:

Bally widebody - i5-4690 - 16Gb - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF - Nvidia GTX1660Ti 6Gb - 256GbM.2 - 60Gb SSD (Win10Pro) - Samsung 49" 4K UHDR - 30" LG Backglass - 17" LCD dmd - iPad as topper - Ledwiz - Teensy - iPac32 - 8 Contactors - 5 Flashers - Gear - Shaker - Knocker - Addressable strips and matrix - 2 Strobes - RGB under cab - RGB buttons - 3-axis Tiltbob

jdsabin1
                Participant
                  @jdsabin1

Windows 10

I7 4770

SSD

1070 video card

Man outhere – this is driving me insane. Are you running 4k? I have a rig almost identical to yours:

Windows 10 64 bit (latest patches)

I7 8700

16 GB memory

Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 512GB

1070 TI video card

When I run benchmarks it registers off the charts in everything – 99th percentile!

Latest VPX and pinup player everything, including Freezy’s stuff (1.71). Not running in compatibility mode on any of the exe’s.

My 3 screen cabinet takes 75 seconds to load outside of popper, 114 seconds inside popper. I have no DOF loaded in VPX, turned Orbital off in the script. Running the DMD on too (small LCD screen). Once it’s loaded, it plays like a dream too.

What in the world is creating this loading slowdown? I am pulling my hair out – haha.

outhere
                    @outhere

I’ve been following I wish I had some ideas for you
                    My 3 screen setup
                    Pinup player 1.4.4
                    VPX 10.6 Final
                    I use lots of DOF
                    SSF
                    No one should use compatibility mode and I don’t run any .exe as administrator
                    Windows 10 – 1909
                    I7 4770
                    SSD
                    1070 video card 8Gb
                    4k TV
                    16 GB memory
                    Freezy 1.73 — But I doubt if this would help your situation

Numiah
                    Participant
                      @numiah

We’re off topic, but I’m happy to move this topic to a new thread if needed.

Okay, measurements are in.
                      You’re not going to like these I’m afraid. :unsure:
                      Boot time Win10 : 9 seconds to desktop.(bios POST included)

Double click table until being playable : 13 seconds
                      Loading table first and press play : 9 seconds.
                      I claimed a few seconds, but 9 seconds is still pretty fast for this table in particular.

My setup:
                      Win10 Pro
                      Gigabyte mobo with i5-4690
                      Gigabyte NVM SSD 256Gb
                      8Gb sdram, nothing fancy
                      Nvidia GTX 1660ti (best investment in my cabinet ever, solved all stutter issues)
                      4 screens : 47″ 1920×1080, 30″ backglass, 15″dmd, 9″ Topper
                      I use almost all toys available (ledwiz, teensy, contactors, motor and shaker)
                      Latest Freezy etc, Popper frontend etc. etc. VPinball settings at max.
                      I gladly help you compare settings etc. Perhaps outside this thread so we don’t clutter it with slow-chat.

outhere
                        @outhere

At least we’re not totally off topic we’re using Harry Potter to compare
                        Anymore discussion will start a new thread And reference these threads
                        https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/popper-loads-tables-much-slower-than-standalone-vpx/
                        https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/harry-potter-the-goblet-of-fire/page/13/#post-165528

It would appear that @jdsabin1 has his fix –> https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/popper-loads-tables-much-slower-than-standalone-vpx/page/2/#post-165601

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        peterrrjr
                        Participant
                          @peterrrjr

I am recovering from a surgery and just enjoying this very very much!

Brazil. Retrogamer. Arcade Addicted.

susoarkangel
                          Participant
                            @susoarkangel

I do not know if it just happens to me because I think I have not read anything, I have mounted a mini pinball with buttons. The question that when I press the Start button (which would be a keyboard 1) I put two players and I press again it gives me 4, but if I do the same from the keyboard it works correctly. The weird thing that only happens to me with this great table

BugsBunny
                            Participant
                              @bugsbunny666

Hi Scotty,

where can I get this Backglass?? I have the same Problem with StrangerThings..

Can you help me please!!

Thanx, Gremmie

Attachments:
                              LynnInDenver
                              Participant
                                @lynnindenver

Check the installation notes on the download page… and note that this backglass setup requires PinUp Player to run, it doesn’t use the DirectB2S Backglass Server.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                                Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                                Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Friffy1
                                Participant
                                  @friffy1

ISSUE REPORT:

Haven’t had this happen before.  Figure it’s worth mentioning…

Played a 3-player game.  Player 3 was to get on the local high score board.  It would have been the #1 score.  For about 2 seconds it said to put in the name.  Then the screen changed and the ability to input name vanished.  I figured the score would be saved without initials.  But the score wasn’t recorded at all.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  Loganchihuahua
                                  Participant
                                    @chihua07

I am blown away. Between this table and Stranger Things i am seriously pinching myself. That i am enjoying this in my home and not some arcade is beyond me.  You are truly making tables that should be made into real machines.  These are fantastic! Thanks Scotty and team!  Thank you.

Exlie
                                    Participant
                                      @exlie

I love this table, so thank you very much. One (maybe) issue.

I am in the process of building a cabinet, so I am currently using a keyboard. The left and right shift keys are for my flippers

When the mini game started, it said to use my flippers to control Harry, but they didn’t work. After mashing the keyboard I found it was S and W to make Harry move.  Where are these set and how can they be mapped to my shift keys?  Or will this be resolved when I get real flippers and disconnect my keyboard?

blade11034
                                      Participant
                                        @blade11034

Hi,

Amazing table, Great job!!! One issue I’m having is with my LED Matrix. When I load the game the whole matrix lights up bright pink and stays on. My Matrix works perfectly normal with all different tables except this one. Is there a setting I need to do in the Script or Pupeditor?

Thanks,

Blade

outhere
                                          @outhere

Hi,

Amazing table, Great job!!! One issue I’m having is with my LED Matrix. When I load the game the whole matrix lights up bright pink and stays on. My Matrix works perfectly normal with all different tables except this one. Is there a setting I need to do in the Script or Pupeditor?
                                          Thanks,
                                          Blade

You have it setup like this
                                          http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2695-configtool-big-update-for-teensy-users/?tab=comments#comment-30746

blade11034
                                          Participant
                                            @blade11034

Hi Outhere,

I’ll look that over. You help me out with my Matrix issue I had last time if you remember. For some reason, the bottom right corner LED would come on so we -1 on the count and it works perfectly now. Every game I try works perfectly on my Matrix but this one, why would this game be any different?

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 355 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?