This topic contains 16 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Scooby 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
     BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

After loserman76 released his 4-Square table, of which I had done the add-a-ball (aab) versions Astro and Star Trek, bord and I had a conversation about the merits of replay vs aab games at home where a replay isn't worth anything really, and a lot of times it's more fun to play the add-a-ball.  During that conversation Jack's Open came up, and I knew there had been aab versions of it made, so I did a little research, found some decent images and went to town on Sliderpoint's Jack's Open table.  So first, big thanks to sliderpoint and gnance for the Jack's Open version, and pinuck who's table it was based on.  I redrew the relevant parts of the playfield to convert it over to Lucky Hand (or Lucky Card), did a lot of re-scripting to change the scoring, built a directb2s for it from an image found online (I started with wildman's image from vpu which was higher res, but the other I found later was clearer imo so I used it instead), did a few minor changes to lighting on the table, swapped in bord's new Gottlieb flipper primitives.  Sliderpoint swapped in a couple of different primitives/textures he had, and I left all the physics how he had them, so you can blame him when the ball drains :)

There are options near the top of the script for  3 or 5 ball, replay levels etc if you wish to change any of that.  At some point I'll probably add in the left-flipper menu system after the kinks have been worked out, and probably more options like freeplay.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Nice one. Thanks again :good:

Currently playing around with FP to VP conversions. Nothing serious just trying to have fun.

Ben Logan2 
    Participant

Two gems in one day. Thanks, team!

Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

Played Fire Queen yesterday,great recreation. Guess I have a date with Lucky Hand this afternoon. Thank you guys.

STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Great, thanks Guys, you really let me love EM’s :good:

ginox 
    Participant

salve non mi esce   il punteggio a destra   esiste la rom ?

BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

salve non mi esce   il punteggio a destra   esiste la rom ?

There is no rom as it’s an em.  If you are desktop user (not using the backglass) you need to have disable b2s checked under Preferences, Keys, Nudge and DOF.

ginox 
    Participant

salve non mi esce il punteggio a destra esiste la rom ?

There is no rom as it’s an em. If you are desktop user (not using the backglass) you need to have disable b2s checked under Preferences, Keys, Nudge and DOF.

grazie mille   tutto ok

Micronaut 
    Participant

wonderful table, :good:
    I like very much, :yahoo:
    thank you very much BorgDog and to all mel team that made it possible. :heart:
    Congratulations  :bye:

Kalavera3 
    Participant

What good another table more high quality !, thanks guys your work is very appreciated, I’m going to play, thanks! :yahoo:

GatorCoop 
    Participant

Great table, does anyone have a good POV file for the cab users? Screen shot of file.

Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

Same author, same era. I would just re-use a pov he has already provided in one of his other releases and maybe adjust it very slightly if it didn’t fit exactly.

Eg. https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/dragon-gottlieb-1978/#

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Ben Logan2 
    Participant

For my money, this is an EM physics breakthrough by Mike. This is the first VPX EM in my experience to really capture the weirdly extreme elasticity that occurs between the metal guides and “slings” (they’re not really slings on this table). The ball really bounces a lot between these two, which is a behavior I’ve seen on lots of EMs. It’s strange. Seems to defy real world energy. But, I swear — play some real EMs and you’ll see it happens!

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

Yepp. I agree with you Ben a 100% here. There is something about the physics that just feels better. A table to study for sure. Big thumbs up Dan and Mike. :good:

Scooby 
    Participant

Super fun table to play. Is there a way to get the slingshots to fire solenoids in DOF?

Thanks.

BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

Super fun table to play. Is there a way to get the slingshots to fire solenoids in DOF?

Thanks.

The slings are just rubbers on this machine, no actual solenoid in the real machine.

Scooby 
    Participant

Thanks Borgdog. I may poke around to see if I can figure a way to add them, even though it’s not authentic. If anyone has an idea, please let me know. Thanks!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account