PinBot (Williams 1986)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord
      MembervipContributorModerator

Remarkable job on the physics and looks. I removed flipper and elements scatter and got much better shot accuracy. I do wish nudge actually worked though. Tried changing tiltkey and it doesn’t have much effect. Anyway, worth the wait, most excellent!

Glad you like it. I’m a sucker for scatter as I have real aversion to VP feeling too linear but I get it. Hope you’re having fun with it.

bord
        @bord

Last catch-up comment for a bit:

I hope you guys are making @Blacksad’s B2S a permanent fixture in your setup. His work is the best of the best. You should see the mask he built to get the PinBot B2S looking so great.

He’s also just a heck of a nice guy.

Great work, friend!

1 user thanked author for this post.
        KiwiBri
        Participant
          @kiwibri

Wow. Great representation!  Plays smoother than the real machine I recently played ;-p

thanks to all the people involved. Really appreciated this one.

Josh
          Participant
            @osujd

Question what is elements scatter… because I notice on this table there seems to be a sense of randomness just like a real pin. How is it created because I think it is fantastic!

KiwiBri
            Participant
              @kiwibri

I hope you guys are making @blacksad‘s B2S a permanent fixture in your setup. His work is the best of the best. You should see the mask he built to get the PinBot B2S looking so great.

Great work, friend!

Haha!! I was staring at the B2S more than the table actually just now. I hid the speaker grill for my setup, and on the 30″ 2K Dell screen the B2S really shines. Going to turn off my Pin2DMD or put static image up there for gameplay.

Ben Logan2
              Participant
                @benlogan2

Plugged in!

:yahoo:

naeromagus
                Participant
                  @naeromagus

Wow this is so GREAT!!! Thank you to Bord and everyone involved. I’ve been watching the wip for many months very excited to play.  :yahoo:

Ben Logan2
                  Participant
                    @benlogan2

Bug Report: This table gives me the exact same experience as playing the Pinbot at the 7 Eleven down the street. Nothing new here…

B-)

Skitso
                    Participant
                      @skitso

Thank you bord! One of the most authentic VPX tables around, great job.

There’s few insert lights in the light grid that are misaligned by a few pixels so the light bleeds outside of the black edges. Not a biggie, but a thing I ended up fixing in my copy. Also, the combination of ball image and scratches texture makes the ball look like it’s floating and not rolling. I had a good end result with the VPX default ball image and this scratches image: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H8e-jb0Uia-HE6hYrkgdFBwxjpmzbej7

Anyways, thank you so much bord. Amazing job on the Pin Bot! :yahoo:

2 users thanked author for this post.
                      freneticamnesic
                        @freneticamnesic
                        vipModeratorMember

Neat. Thanks!

Punch it!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        Drybonz
                        Participant
                          @drybonz

Thanks, bord… been looking forward to this one.    :good:

Zedixair
                          Participant
                            @zedixair

Thank you to all people involved in the making of this fabulous table !

You rule !

Blacksad
                            Participant
                              @blacksad

I hope you guys are making @blacksad‘s B2S a permanent fixture in your setup. His work is the best of the best. You should see the mask he built to get the PinBot B2S looking so great.

Great work, friend!

Thank you for the compliment Mr. Bord and once again congratulations and thank you for sharing your excellent work.

It was a real pleasure to work together and it will be a joy to do it again for Jack-Bord ;-)

Just a quick message to Brian Ryan @HauntFreaks , I hope you’re fine and that you’ll soon get out of the underground and come back into the light, I loved chatting with you and I’m still waiting impatiently for you to finish your B2S Flash Gordon with the wonderful mirror effects you have the secret of. :heart:

Pinbot

6 users thanked author for this post.
                              Jopp
                              Participant
                                @joppnl

The Bride is happy having such a beautiful boy-friend…  :yes:

Thank you guys for this beautyful table and backglass!

My favorite pinball machine?
                                Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

BlackPredator72
                                Participant
                                  @blackpredator72

Very awesome pinball, Bord is master when starts the ball do not come out…

I had the same issue. You can start a game, but no ball is in the plunger lane.

Just go to the nvram folder and delete this file: pb_l5.nv

STAT
                                  Participant
                                    @stefanaustria
                                    MemberContributor

Hell, what a Table – sorry, i am late to the big Party here – i am in sick leave and not very well at the Moment.

I think, a few Coins here is like a Medicine for me :heart:

Thank you also bord, for your prev. Versions and blacksad for the great B2S, i couln’t do it better !

:good: :good:   :good:

bord
                                      @bord

Feel better, STAT!

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator

Hell, what a Table – sorry, i am late to the big Party here – i am in sick leave and not very well at the Moment.

I think, a few Coins here is like a Medicine for me :heart:

Thank you also bord, for your prev. Versions and blacksad for the great B2S, i couln’t do it better !

:good: :good: :good:

I have a feeling that what you are seeing is that the game isn’t finished initializing yet. I’ve seen it happen a few times. You start the game and the gate is going up and down a few times. Sometime it just takes longer than for most games and you kind of stand there not realizing that this is the reason for the ball being ejected. We are kind of used to that when we fire up a table it is “ready” to be played.

affie42
                                        Participant
                                          @affie42

What a beautiful table!

Thanks for your great work!

One minor thing: On my system the ball looks a little bit weird, not like a real rolling ball but more like a floating object. Is this intentional or a bug? Any idea what could cause this? Can i configure it to be a more realistic ball?

Thanks a lot!

Affie

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus
                                            ContributorMemberModerator

What a beautiful table!

Thanks for your great work!

One minor thing: On my system the ball looks a little bit weird, not like a real rolling ball but more like a floating object. Is this intentional or a bug? Any idea what could cause this? Can i configure it to be a more realistic ball?

Thanks a lot!

Affie

Seems you and Skitso agrees upon that – so, please look at his suggestion and implement it on your copy https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pinbot-williams-1986/page/3/#post-115998

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 171 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?