PinBot (Williams 1986)

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    arconovum
    Participant
      @nicholaschristopher
      MemberContributor

@lfan , yes that is the original table by the author ‘bord’, it is not my FSS modded version of his table.

bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

I usually find desktop images distracting so I don’t often include them. They are easy to make and add to your own copy.

F1 to access your pinmame settings and turn on external dmd. It should show a window w/ your scores.

bord
          @bord

Here we go. Just uploaded a MAJOR physics overhaul by @rothbauerw, including VR compatibility. The game doesn’t lose any of its difficulty but has a much more pinball feel to it, especially when the ball interacts with rubber objects. Other minor tweaks but the physics and VR is the big change.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pinbot-williams-1986/

DJRobX
            @djrobx
            MemberModerator

VR AND Roth physics?    I’m so there..  awesome!   Thanks Bord & Rothbauerw!

bord
              @bord

Rob, your work on this just keeps on giving…

Adolfo
              Participant
                @scorpion

Thank you Bord, to you and all your big team…

Very special table :good:

Ben Logan2
                Participant
                  @benlogan2

Greeeat news! Thanks, guys!

xphilou29
                  Participant
                    @xphilou29

thanks for the great update!

JR
                    Participant
                      @jfr1

Holy cow!  I need to turn up the bord-alert on my phone.  Missed this posting while out on a bike ride…in the snow!  Would rather have stayed in for this.  Thanks bord and @rothbauerw !!

TNT2
                      Participant
                        @tnt2

Excellent. :good:

JR
                        Participant
                          @jfr1

Wow.

The Loafer
                          Participant
                            @theloafer

Well, gave it a spin in VR and all I can say is I hope you get a chance to revisit some of your other tables so that backglass works in VR (er… Centaur if you are looking for ideas).  In VR, Pinbot looks impeccable, a sign of the high resolution assets you used. The game already played good but yes, it seems to play even better now.  Fantastic job to both you and Roth for your work on this and many sincere thanks and kudos are sent your way.

STAT
                            Participant
                              @stefanaustria
                              MemberContributor

Thanks again bord & roth, i only have “Beer-VR” but an Upgrade on my Favorite Table/s … yes :good:

Mark70
                              Participant
                                @mark70

Thanks a lot @bord and @rothbauerw for this great update, and for making a perfect table even better! It plays fantastic!
                                I’m sorry, but I can not resist to ask you if you could do a similar physic update for the holy – Jack*Bot – as well? :)

Thanks again for the update, it’s much appreciated.

bord
                                  @bord

Thanks a lot @bord and @rothbauerw for this great update, and for making a perfect table even better! It plays fantastic!

I’m sorry, but I can not resist to ask you if you could do a similar physic update for the holy – Jack*Bot – as well? :)

Thanks again for the update, it’s much appreciated.

Thanks, @mark70. I hadn’t really considered it. JackBot was more of an afterthought for me. Love the rules but not crazy about the art or music. I updated the rubbers and playfield in Blender for this update but @rothbauerw did the rest. It would have to be something he was interested in doing. I know he has a bunch of other projects going right now and I’ve never asked him how he feels about saxophone muzak…

The Loafer
                                  Participant
                                    @theloafer

… and I’ve never asked him how he feels about saxophone muzak…

Quote of the day right there lol

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus
                                      ContributorMemberModerator

I saw this release and I said to myself, why change something that is already perfect. I was so wrong. Now it is ! Enjoying it a lot.

I managed to shoot one ball into the visir and it got lost in there. Thanks to @djrobx ball locator trick I can tell you that it ended up at :

x : 432.7162
                                      y : 237.8408
                                      z: 25.04436

Graphically, when I shot that – I saw the ball for a longer time than usual, So, it must have been elevated in some way ?! Can’t really see why that would happen though.

rothbauerw
                                        @rothbauerw
                                        ModeratorContributorMembervip

I saw this release and I said to myself, why change something that is already perfect. I was so wrong. Now it is ! Enjoying it a lot.

I managed to shoot one ball into the visir and it got lost in there. Thanks to @djrobx ball locator trick I can tell you that it ended up at :

x : 432.7162

y : 237.8408

z: 25.04436

Graphically, when I shot that – I saw the ball for a longer time than usual, So, it must have been elevated in some way ?! Can’t really see why that would happen though.

I’ll take a look at this.  As the visor closes, there are several collidable walls used to simulate the button wall raising.  If you hit it on the way up, it could throw the ball.  We thought we had enough protections to prevent stuck balls, but must still have a gap somewhere.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

forte
                                        Participant
                                          @forte

outstanding work! lets see how it looks on my vpin cab  thanks!!

naeromagus
                                          Participant
                                            @naeromagus

Gave this a go the other night. I thought to myself before loading ‘How could this get any better’.?Well i was pleasantly surprised.  Thanks Bord and Roth ;)

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 171 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?