PinUP System (Player and Popper Front-End) Install

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    classicradios
    Participant
      @classicradios

Hi,

I’m having an issue with the Popper recording feature.  I can only record PlayFields for some reason.  When I select to record Topper, BackGlass or DMD it just creates media of the last PlayField I recorded.  Last week I recorded 200 tables media with PopperAutoRecord with no issues…All PlayFields and BackGlass created perfectly.  Also recorded table media individually last week without issue.  Not sure why it’s not working correctly now, Any obvious reason for this?  I’m recording with GPU and all recommended GeForce settings have been set, I get the same result if I switch to ffMpeg…Only records PlayFields.  I only hear recording “Jingle” with PlayField recordings.   Thanks for any thoughts.

Attachments:
      TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

“Something” was changed. Best to go back and narrow down exactly what changes you had made on the system…or any changes from Windows that may have happened, such as screen number identities possibly being changed.

GPU / OBS recording will only be used for Playfield recording when you configure Popper for that. Backglass, DMD, Topper will always use FFMPEG.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        NailBuster
          @nailbuster
          ModeratorMember

Hi,

I’m having an issue with the Popper recording feature. I can only record PlayFields for some reason. When I select to record Topper, BackGlass or DMD it just creates media of the last PlayField I recorded. Last week I recorded 200 tables media with PopperAutoRecord with no issues…All PlayFields and BackGlass created perfectly. Also recorded table media individually last week without issue. Not sure why it’s not working correctly now, Any obvious reason for this? I’m recording with GPU and all recommended GeForce settings have been set, I get the same result if I switch to ffMpeg…Only records PlayFields. I only hear recording “Jingle” with PlayField recordings. Thanks for any thoughts.

to troubleshoot.  do a manual recording of a bg/topper and look at the 3 log files in recording subfolder.  you should be able to determine what causing it.  most likely you have invalid pupdisplay screen co-ordinates (like negative, or width wider than screen…ffmpeg doens’t like that).

classicradios
          Participant
            @classicradios

Ah…Display indentities may have changed.  I added the topper screen.  I’ll go thru recording setup again and report back. Thanks!

classicradios
            Participant
              @classicradios

OK will check.  Stay tuned.

Thanks!

classicradios
              Participant
                @classicradios

Looking into this from Log:

Opening an input file: desktop.
                [gdigrab @ 05a95ac0] Capture area (1360,-70),(2960,830) extends outside window area (0,-67),(5680,1080)desktop: I/O error

NailBuster
                  @nailbuster
                  ModeratorMember

Looking into this from Log:

Opening an input file: desktop.

[gdigrab @ 05a95ac0] Capture area (1360,-70),(2960,830) extends outside window area (0,-67),(5680,1080)desktop: I/O error

your windows displays layout must be horizontal… all screens (3?) need to go left-to-right… aligned tops so cannot have any negative screen cordinates

classicradios
                  Participant
                    @classicradios

RE: your windows displays layout must be horizontal… all screens (3?) need to go left-to-right… aligned tops so cannot have any negative screen cordinates

Yep..You guys were right!  My Displays were not aligned properly in windows and the ID’s changed when I added the topper screen.  I corrected the display alignment in Windows and opened “PinupPlayConfigDisplays” and reset the display numbers for each.  ALL Recording choices are working perfectly now!  and as a bonus the Windows taskbar now auto hides on the BackGlass, It would stay visible on the BackGlass before.  Solved 2 issues today.  Thank You!!!!

outhere
                      @outhere
                      MemberContributorvipModerator

In windows You can turn off the task bar on the other monitors

RE: your windows displays layout must be horizontal… all screens (3?) need to go left-to-right… aligned tops so cannot have any negative screen cordinates

Yep..You guys were right! My Displays were not aligned properly in windows and the ID’s changed when I added the topper screen. I corrected the display alignment in Windows and opened “PinupPlayConfigDisplays” and reset the display numbers for each. ALL Recording choices are working perfectly now! and as a bonus the Windows taskbar now auto hides on the BackGlass, It would stay visible on the BackGlass before. Solved 2 issues today. Thank You!!!!

classicradios
                      Participant
                        @classicradios

In windows You can turn off the task bar on the other monitors

OK…That works too!  Thanks.

steverobinson
                        Participant
                          @steverobinson

So…I’m having a couple of issues.  I have version 1.3.6 installed.

The first issue is that I can’t seem to get PUP Menu to recognize my cabinet buttons.  I use a Pinscape controller and have had no issues with it in VPX/FX3, or in PinballX for that matter.  I have tried both driver options, and I have uninstalled/reinstalled PUP System.  Just doesn’t recognize any of my buttons.

The second issue is that the menu wheel shows up vertically on the right side of my screen, top to bottom, instead of horizontally.  I have tried every combination of rotation settings available in the menus that I can think of, nothing seems to fix this.  Admittedly I am running my playfield display in portrait mode, which seems to be out of fashion from what I’ve read in the forums, but I like to occasionally use my cab as a stand up desk of sorts so I’d prefer to keep it that way if possible.  And I’ve configured several dozen tables at this point so it would be annoying to have to go back…but I’m open to the possibility.  Anyway, any ideas?

NailBuster
                            @nailbuster
                            ModeratorMember

for pinscape see here:  https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/i-have-obviously-done-something-wrong/page/2/#post-87616

IMO…i would avoid portrait mode as much as possible… you’re just going to ask for more work with little gain (if any).

portrait mode thread here:  https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pinup-popper-struggling-to-configure/

steverobinson
                            Participant
                              @steverobinson

Your response time is unreal!

Gwen
                              Participant
                                @gwen

I am having trouble getting the pinup system to work properly.  I am running windows 10 64 bit OS.  I followed the install instructions, installed VLC first ( I have tested with versions 2.08 and 2.28 both), then installed the pinup system 1.36 final and the 1.37 pinupdisplay update and ran the video setup.  All windows are displaying as expected at that point.

I then ran the pinup test app and check both VLC and then pinup display.  No problems here.

I have Stranger Things SE 3.39 installed and copied the folder to the pupvideos folder.  When I launch Stranger Things the table, DMD, and Backglass video load just fine.  But when the backglass video reaches the end of the first loop Pinup Display stops responding and the video freezes.

I also have Clue installed and put the clue popup video folder in the pupvideos folder.  When I launch Clue the table runs fine but the backglass does not load at all.

I could really use some assistance getting this sorted out.

Thanks!

Gwen

Gwen
                                - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Not sure I can help but is anything in pup set to run as admin? If it is try it not set to run as admin maybe? Or the other way around?

********************************************************
                                  Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                  for IOS and Android

Gwen
                                  Participant
                                    @gwen

ry it not set to

Thanks,  no it isn’t.  Though I already tried it to see if it made a difference.

Gwen
                                    - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

@nailbuster would be best to answer I’m sure it’s a simple thing

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                      for IOS and Android

NailBuster
                                        @nailbuster
                                        ModeratorMember

I’d start by going through the general troubleshooting here:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

also, always best to start new support threads as posting in one-long thread won’t help others with same issue….

Pinnutz
                                        Participant
                                          @pinnutz

Well I fought my way thru tutorials and videos to get pin up player running.  I’m running all the latest software on my Pin Cab. All I want to do is run the back glass videos for Masters of the Universe.  The videos show up but when I load  the table I get the standard B2s error dialog.  I checked under the plugin settings on the B2s dialog and there are no errors for the PinUp player driver. There is a DOF path error listed and I’m not sure if that relates to this. What am I missing, would appreciate any help as I can’t find anything on this error.  Thanks..

outhere
                                            @outhere
                                            MemberContributorvipModerator

Run a game that has a back glass, right click the back glass and uncheck error message

BackGlass settings

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 172 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?