Star Wars Wedgehead

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    BorgDog
    Participant
      @borgdog
      MemberContributorvip

yeah, probably skip the stars, I have all the splatters/speckles stars on the cab. made up a couple test boards today so I can try out stencil methods and colors.  Interestingly it appears that Krylon doesn’t do gray in satin, only gloss and ultra-flat primer, wtf?!  If I go gray may have to clear the whole thing in satin, bah.

Found a new, more subtle Darth that also is setup correctly to cut out the pieces I need to cut out. Played around with front of the cab and backbox images, may end up with a less is more philosophy.  Also worked on figuring out the zeb’s plunger and updated it’s firmware.

Off to the cabin for a few days tomorrow morning (was supposed to go today, but old dog was sick, better now) so nothing much on the hardware side to get done, still going to work on the graphics some between relaxing, hiking, more relaxing, chopping firewood, more relaxing, sucking down the bucket of margaritas waiting for us, relaxing, etc.

Here is the latest mock-up of the artwork, light sabers will probably not make the cut.  I would like the rebal and empire logos somewhere, either here, or the front of the main cab by the coin door.

BadDogGraphic

Attachments:
      ICPjuggla
        @icpjuggla
        MembervipModerator

The art looks great…

I also did a Star Wars theme on my cab back in the day 4 or 5 years ago when I built my cab.. On the main body of the cab I had the same design on both sides, like you I wanted to put a rebels logo on one side and an imperials logo on the other.. On the head of the cab or back box I did one side Darth Vader for imperials and the other Obi-Wan for the rebels.. Here is an early render of what mine looks like. It might give you some ideas since your still in the planing stage. :-)

image-7

Attachments:
        BorgDog
        Participant
          @borgdog
          MemberContributorvip

Thanks, it’s hard to go wrong with Star Wars  :yes:   :good:

BorgDog
          Participant
            @borgdog
            MemberContributorvip

Back in town after a few days at the cabin relaxing, drinking margaritas and a little fire wood splitting (manly pursuits) :good: .

Printed out some roughly 1/2 scale outlines of the tie fighter and x-wing fighter, taped them to poster board, and cut out with a curved blade x-acto knife.  Was going to do both on the test boards I made before we left town, but got tired of cutting so just went with the tie fighter for now, may do the x-wing later and hang both on the wall at work or something.

A couple notes on this, like I said it is about 1/2 the size of what will be on the cab, and there are a lot more speckles on the test boards than the cabinet mainly becuase I did them laying flat and did the cabinet sitting in it’s normal direction so I could do all sides at once. Anyway here is what I ended up with:

2016-07-29-21.13.11

As you will notice there is some overspray, mainly around the gray, but i’m actually cool with that, all the real cabs have overspray to some extent, and without it it would be too clean imho.  Again since this is 1/2 size and the amount of overspray should be about the same on the finals, it will be less percentage wise.  I’m very pleased with this and am going to start on the big ones tomorrow.

HauntFreaks
              @hauntfreaks
              vipContributorMember

dude, its awesome , no joke…. its just what it would look like if Gottlieb did it… love it

BorgDog
              Participant
                @borgdog
                MemberContributorvip

thanks man, hopefully I don’t eff up the real ones      :wacko:

freneticamnesic
                  @freneticamnesic
                  vipModeratorMember

Ha I stenciled my mini pin. Had the same overspray problems. Ended up using easy tack spray adhesive to hold the stencils down. After that everything was good but there’s a couple spots that I’m not happy with. If I could do it again, I’d be more patient. Looks cool so far man!

Punch it!

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Nice!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                    for IOS and Android

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Not as old as look you are going for but here is side of my ground shaker

image-1

for IOS and Android

Attachments:
                      BorgDog
                      Participant
                        @borgdog
                        MemberContributorvip

:good:

HauntFreaks
                          @hauntfreaks
                          vipContributorMember

Not as old as look you are going for but here is side of my ground shaker image-1

thats a sweet vega funny car….

Scooby
                          Participant
                            @scooby

I’m just seeing this awesome project come together. Wow.

One thing I noticed, if you are going for authenticity,  the tie fighter lasers are green (in the movie). I know it seems strange, but I looked it up as I wasn’t sure.

Good luck with the rest of the build and thanks for all of your great VP tables you have shared!

BorgDog
                            Participant
                              @borgdog
                              MemberContributorvip

I’m just seeing this awesome project come together. Wow. One thing I noticed, if you are going for authenticity, the tie fighter lasers are green (in the movie). I know it seems strange, but I looked it up as I wasn’t sure. Good luck with the rest of the build and thanks for all of your great VP tables you have shared!

Thanks.  Yeah, I debated with the colors on that, but decided to go with red to keep the color count down as I also want to put some red rebal alliance symbols somewhere.  I pulled that scene from the comics, original higher up in the thread, and it’s mostly green in that too… hmm haven’t sprayed it yet, can still change my mind.  Here is a screen grab from the movie as well.

BorgDog
                              Participant
                                @borgdog
                                MemberContributorvip

This cutting stencils is a pain in the a$$, who’s brilliant idea was this anyway?

A little Lord Vader on one side of the backbox:

2016-07-30-12.02.33

Scooby
                                Participant
                                  @scooby

You can’t go wrong either way. That Vadar looks real good too.

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Oh that does look good!

********************************************************
                                    for IOS and Android

********************************************************

ICPjuggla
                                      @icpjuggla
                                      MembervipModerator

Wow that came out awesome. Nice :-)

N3roflint
                                      Participant
                                        @n3roflint

Looks very cool. Nice work.

roar
                                        Participant
                                          @roar

That is turning out awesome!

That image reminded me of this one:

BorgDog
                                          Participant
                                            @borgdog
                                            MemberContributorvip

LOL, don’t think I’ve seen that one, not a huge Simpsons guy but enjoyed it every so often.

got darth on the other side of the backbox, and was looking at the template, and looking at the wall of the shop, and looking at the tie fighter template, and looking at the wall of the shop…. can you see where I’m going with this… went and got the mail and looked at the mailbox post and the darth template… I see more vader appearing in the neighborhood.   B-)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 176 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?