The Addams Family (Bally 1992) V2 – G5K, Sliderpoint, 3rdAxis

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 528 total)
  • Author
    djinfinity907
    Participant
      @djinfinity907

has anyone experienced a table freeze and crash when thing grabs the ball? could it be a corrupt NVRAM?

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Delete or rename the nvram file and you have your question answered. Last I played this, no issues. Are you using vpx beta maybe ? And, please, one place to post your issue is enough. Here in the tables’ support thread is the correct and proper way.

djinfinity907
        Participant
          @djinfinity907

Yes sir,

Outhere informed me of the correct way to go about things. I apologize. I fell asleep. I deleted the NVRAM and .cfg files. Havent had a freeze since.

Neppomuk80
          Participant
            @neppomuk80

Hi, thx a lot!
            Unfortunately Flip things is not working for me. It is always to late to hit the ball.

Does anyone knwo where this comes from?

cheers,
            Daniel

Thalamus
              @thalamus

You should calibrate the thing flipper.

Neppomuk80
              Participant
                @neppomuk80

Ok I am not familar with that. I am new into Visual Pinball. Can you plese explain how to?

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

Mike, mentioned it in either this or the other TAF thread. Believe it is a rom setting, but, I believe also he did some hackery so it was just a table option for 1.4.2.

Neppomuk80
                  Participant
                    @neppomuk80

Ok i found out where to find the physics value but they are read only, I cannot modify them :(

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

??

Neppomuk80
                      Participant
                        @neppomuk80

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=36660

kds70
                        Participant
                          @kds70

this thread is from 2016 and depends VP9 only … you don´t need to do anything with the TAF table. It´s perfect as it is …

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Neppomuk80
                          Participant
                            @neppomuk80

Not perfect for me, cause Flip things not working ;)

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

I have a feeling that you haven’t read what I told you to ??

Neppomuk80
                              Participant
                                @neppomuk80

Yes I did but I mentioned above I am not familar with everything at all and I searched for calibration and ended up at that entry.

Seems you meant the thing flips trainer? I startet it and 2 of 20 balls were succeeded. Saving and restarting the pinball did not change anything

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

Yes. This is a computer, that talks to pinmame, So, there is no need to go looking for broken opto’s and stuff like that. In general, the trainer is supposed to be able to calibrate itself over time. It won’t hit every time, not on a real machine either. A while since I played TAF, but, from what I remember, it seems pretty ok to me.

Sliderpoint
                                  Participant
                                    @sliderpoint
                                    MemberContributor

Yes I did but I mentioned above I am not familar with everything at all and I searched for calibration and ended up at that entry.

Seems you meant the thing flips trainer? I startet it and 2 of 20 balls were succeeded. Saving and restarting the pinball did not change anything

I agree that there is a problem.  However, I don’t think it’s one that I can fix.  In older versions of VP/other peoples versions of TAF they forced the ball through tricks to make it to the swamp on every hit to bypass the fact they couldn’t get it reliable based on the ROM alone.  In this version it is strictly relying on the ROM to hit the ball at the correct time instead of any VP fakery.   This is where the issue is I think.  There is clearly some computer timing issues with pinmame.  Meaning some roms ‘run’ faster than normal or slower than normal and they run differently on different computers, so this could be affecting the ROM’s ‘learning’.  Also, I am not sure where the timing adjustments get saved on a real TAF.  It could be adjusting the pwm of the coils in which case, it will never (shouldn’t say never) translate to VP. Or maybe it’s not stored in the NVRAM at all.  No idea.

Sorry it’s not helpful, but that’s where it is.

-Mike

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                    nikolafeve
                                    Participant
                                      @nikolafeve

thank you very much!

thebluesdude
                                      Participant
                                        @thebluesdude

Dont know if I am doing anything daft but the DMD isnt showing up? checked the script but all seems to be ok, Im on three monitors could that be the issue as I have hidden the speaker grille and display…

Great job by the way, looks spectacular

animatorPinballfan
                                        Participant
                                          @animatorpinballfan

Ok, I’m hesitant to be yet another on here asking for help, but I’ve been pulling my hair out on this for days now. Please help me?

I’m running an i7 8700k 3.7ghz 32 gigs ram win10 pro (disabled virus and disabled realtime protections)

EVGA 1080ti 11 gigs

Every table runs silky smooth in 4k but this one. When I launch the table I get 60fps but the moment it goes through the pops it dips to 33, and then if I hit it in the chair scoop down to 15fps.

I’ve tried running it with graphics settings at high, and at low, but I keep getting the same performance issues.  I’ve gotten new roms, deleted NV and cfg’s

and even updated to SAMbuild v3

But no mater what I do, I keep getting poor fps. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

outhere
                                            @outhere
                                            MemberContributorvipModerator

Ok, I’m hesitant to be yet another on here asking for help, but I’ve been pulling my hair out on this for days now. Please help me?
                                            I’m running an i7 8700k 3.7ghz 32 gigs ram win10 pro (disabled virus and disabled realtime protections)
                                            EVGA 1080ti 11 gigs
                                            Every table runs silky smooth in 4k but this one. When I launch the table I get 60fps but the moment it goes through the pops it dips to 33, and then if I hit it in the chair scoop down to 15fps.
                                            I’ve tried running it with graphics settings at high, and at low, but I keep getting the same performance issues. I’ve gotten new roms, deleted NV and cfg’s
                                            and even updated to SAMbuild v3
                                            But no mater what I do, I keep getting poor fps. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You tried all 3 versions?

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 528 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?