Jurassic Park (Data East 1993) Dark, Bodydump,Randr,Rothbauerw,Flupper,Hauntfreaks,Lobotomy

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    STAT
    Participant
      @stefanaustria
      MemberContributor

6.00 ROM, Info: http://www.pinballcode.com/jp6

Download: http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/3940-jurassic-park-600-unofficial-mod

Sven34
      Participant
        @sven34

Thank you Dark & Friends  for Jurassic Park  :good:

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember
          1. awesome!
          2. vpmNudge.Sensitivity = 5???! I think you may be missing a decimal in there .5 :whistle:
          3. jupk_600 is the best way to play. Not having to start with stampede every time is the best.

congrats on all your work. -Mike

well i knew there would be at least on glitch!

Will correct that for future version with backwall redraw and plunger cover decal updates.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

TNT2
          Participant
            @tnt2

That actually makes a lot of sense but after playing with the X and Y settings for a long time some tables look too narrow when it is 1:1. But it varies per table. Not exactly sure why, maybe that is because of how it was built by the table author in VP? Or maybe it’s just that I have gotten use to the Pinball Arcade type of view which I like. But I understand that’s not for everyone.

I test every table in DT and also set them to arcade view…. its the best way to appreciate the depth of the tables these are the setting i was using to test the table… Capture-Copy

Ah. I think I see. I used your settings. You do get a complete unskewed view of the table. My settings are “cheating” in a sense as everything is probably not in the exact correct dimensions.

Not sure which type of view I prefer. It’s nice to have multiple options though.

Sliderpoint
            Participant
              @sliderpoint
              MemberContributor

another small feedback item.  Raptor pit should be more violent.  suggest sw26 kick power of 41.

-Mike

Dark
                @dark
                vipMemberContributor

Quick question, did someone tried the jupk_600 unofficial rom (http://www.pinballcode.com/jp6) ?

Yes, works great. IMO, it is the best way to play. Not as big an upgrade as the Star Wars rules, but very good and thoughtful improvements.

For a 90’s era game the rule set is pretty decent, but I’m curious to know what did they change/improve with that rom?

3dcreation

TNT2
                Participant
                  @tnt2

Great work on this dark. It’s everything everyone hoped it could be.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Quick question, did someone tried the jupk_600 unofficial rom (http://www.pinballcode.com/jp6) ?

Yes, works great. IMO, it is the best way to play. Not as big an upgrade as the Star Wars rules, but very good and thoughtful improvements.

For a 90’s era game the rule set is pretty decent, but I’m curious to know what did they change/improve with that rom?

They list changes. MANY changes like random skill shot and many other changes all listed in that link

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                    for IOS and Android

rothbauerw
                      @rothbauerw
                      ModeratorContributorMembervip

another small feedback item. Raptor pit should be more violent. suggest sw26 kick power of 41. -Mike

I’m not saying you’re not right as I haven’t really watched any video of the raptor pit, but it feels pretty violent already!  I can’t tell you how many times I whiff on a ball coming out of the pit! :wacko:

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Andypc
                      Participant
                        @andypc

The table is amazing. Thanks. :yahoo:

Sliderpoint
                        Participant
                          @sliderpoint
                          MemberContributor

another small feedback item. Raptor pit should be more violent. suggest sw26 kick power of 41. -Mike

I’m not saying you’re not right as I haven’t really watched any video of the raptor pit, but it feels pretty violent already! I can’t tell you how many times I whiff on a ball coming out of the pit! :wacko:

I haven’t watched video either.  This is based on playing the real deal.  It’s always shockingly fast.  I sent an email to @jim5six for him to check it out.  He probably would know best.

-Mike

vogliadicane
                          Participant
                            @vogliadicane

Bravo to all the guys involved! :good:   :good:   :good:

I can’t beleive the playfield was reDRAWN! Must have been a PITA.
                            I love evrything, especially the Pteranodons on the right, which shake when nudging :yes:

Perfect collaboration, really!

And for all those like me, who have a little stutter on their 4k systems. I could solve it by disabling In Game AO.

Dark
                              @dark
                              vipMemberContributor

Bravo to all the guys involved! :good: :good: :good: I can’t beleive the playfield was reDRAWN! Must have been a PITA. I love evrything, especially the Pteranodons on the right, which shake when nudging :yes: Perfect collaboration, really! And for all those like me, who have a little stutter on their 4k systems. I could solve it by disabling In Game AO.

You don’t really need AO on this table since I have rendered shadow layers for 3d rendered/faked-dynamic shadows.  It must be nice playing it on a 4k display.

3dcreation

Bob Albright
                              Participant
                                @bobalbright

Thank you for this fantastic table. Awesome. I just played my first couple games. I played it quite a bit on VP9 but apparently never got to a point that I did in one of my games on this new version—there were so many balls flying around I thought I was playing Apollo 13!

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus
                                  ContributorMemberModerator

Warned you I’ll be back … :) Oh boy. Thank you so much for this amazing table Dark ! I know you didn’t do it all alone. But, I bet you where the driving force behind it looking at the build thread and all. There is no doubt that Bodydump should get a BIG thank you as well here. This table is one of those tables that makes you first of all proud of this community. Secondly, a decider to never ever for me replacing a virtual pin for a real one. I have only space for one cab. After just touching a few things in VP I’ve begun to really understand what you guys are doing, and that makes this even more impressive.

A big thank you again to Dark, Bodydump, Rothbauerw, Randr, Hauntfreaks, Flupper, ICPjuggla and Carney.

I’m going back to the pin shortly. Need to get me a bar stool so I’ll be able to endure long sessions when releases like this is made available. :good:   :rose:

Mark70
                                  Participant
                                    @mark70

Superb table, absolutely awesome in every single detail !! Thanks a lot Dark and everyone who is involved, it is much appreciated.
                                    It was also a pleasure to visit the project site from time to time to watch the progress and to see all that awesome 3D stuff.
                                    Maybe also a good time for a generally thanks to Randr for always bringing everything together on his page.

As a player I feel bad to make a suggestion for this top notch table, but I hope it is ok. What do you think about a higher elasticity for the flippers. Sometimes it looks like the ball should bounce from one flipper to the other instead of rolling along the flipper to the drain. For example when the ball comes out of the left bunker or a similar angle and you don’t press the flipper button.

Ben Logan2
                                    Participant
                                      @benlogan2

Sidewall reflections add so much depth.

Neofr45
                                      Participant
                                        @neofr45

Congrats on release, very very  big thank you to the team I’ve never seen this before :good:  

The Loafer
                                        Participant
                                          @theloafer

JP rom ver 6:  if I recall one of the nice aesthetics is that the trex sometimes follows the ball a la homer head on TSPP

Dark
                                            @dark
                                            vipMemberContributor

As a player I feel bad to make a suggestion for this top notch table, but I hope it is ok. What do you think about a higher elasticity for the flippers. Sometimes it looks like the ball should bounce from one flipper to the other instead of rolling along the flipper to the drain. For example when the ball comes out of the left bunker or a similar angle and you don’t press the flipper button.

Usually the complaint is too bouncy, we were happy with how it played so feel free to set it to your liking.

3dcreation

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 217 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?