Metallica Premium (Stern 2013)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    Sliderpoint
    Participant
      @sliderpoint
      MemberContributor

Thanks for the table, it’s awesome. Just one problem, the right ramp blocks the ball at the highest point. So the ball rolls back again. Any idea how to fix this?

Not sure what you are talking about. I don’t notice any issues like you described.  I would guess you may have accidentally adjusted the Z-scale in the view settings.  This can mess things up.

-Mike

STAT
      Participant
        @stefanaustria
        MemberContributor

Download BIN File from here: http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-metallica-premium
        Rename it to mtl_170h.bin, then zip it with your Zip-Software, ready: mtl_170h.zip

2 users thanked author for this post.
        Akuma2000
        Participant
          @akuma2000

Thanks for the table, it’s awesome. Just one problem, the right ramp blocks the ball at the highest point. So the ball rolls back again. Any idea how to fix this?

Not sure what you are talking about. I don’t notice any issues like you described. I would guess you may have accidentally adjusted the Z-scale in the view settings. This can mess things up. -Mike

That might be it! I was indeed playing with camera view and went through all options.
          How can I set it back to default settings? Thanks!

Mark70
          Participant
            @mark70

That might be it! I was indeed playing with camera view and went through all options. How can I set it back to default settings? Thanks!

The easiest way is to download the table again :)

pthrossell
            Participant
              @pthrossell

Is anybody else having this table crash when they shoot the top right loop?

it happens almost ever game for me.

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

Is anybody else having this table crash when they shoot the top right loop? it happens almost ever game for me.

Yes, this is a known fact. There is code made to fix it made by DJRobX- but, that is in the upstream and hasn’t been released yet. You can however download that fix’d version of vpinballx from VPU, but, for me it gives me quite al ot of degradation to performance. I do believe that has to do with the way it is compiled. Performance problems is best noticed on UltraDMD tables, but, others as well. 300 fps can become a 40 fps table.

Go play Attack from mars by Dozer – and you might get the same crash from shooting the left loop.

Sliderpoint
                Participant
                  @sliderpoint
                  MemberContributor

Is anybody else having this table crash when they shoot the top right loop? it happens almost ever game for me.

Yes, this is a known fact. There is code made to fix it made by DJRobX- but, that is in the upstream and hasn’t been released yet. You can however download that fix’d version of vpinballx from VPU, but, for me it gives me quite al ot of degradation to performance. I do believe that has to do with the way it is compiled. Performance problems is best noticed on UltraDMD tables, but, others as well. 300 fps can become a 40 fps table. Go play Attack from mars by Dozer – and you might get the same crash from shooting the left loop.

Yes, here is a link to the thread discussing the issue and the fixed version of VP.  As stated, it’s beta. There could be other issues.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2687-code-change-to-enable-sam-le-driver-board-support/?do=findComment&comment=33054

-Mike

Sliderpoint
                  Participant
                    @sliderpoint
                    MemberContributor

That might be it! I was indeed playing with camera view and went through all options. How can I set it back to default settings? Thanks!

The easiest way is to download the table again :)

Or re-import the .xml that it came with?

-Mike

senseless
                    Participant
                      @senseless

Awww I only I knew about the crash fix a little earlier… :). I just had the best game ever with my first ball! All the modes were on and I only had 1 bandmember left to active and was in the 150+ mio when the table crashed  :wacko: . Will test the beta code and see if I can get it stable.

This table is so awesome and gives me the same thrills as playing the real one B-) .

BorgDog
                      Participant
                        @borgdog
                        MemberContributorvip

was just playing this on the mini-cab, fun stuff (once I changed the FPS Limiter to default -1) but am I supposed to hear anything on an auto-plunge?

Drybonz
                        Participant
                          @drybonz

Yes, here is a link to the thread discussing the issue and the fixed version of VP. As stated, it’s beta. There could be other issues. http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2687-code-change-to-enable-sam-le-driver-board-support/?do=findComment&comment=33054 -Mike

Have those guys taken a look at the Dr. Who rom reset?

wrd1972
                          Participant
                            @wrd1972
                            MembervipContributor

Slider,

Fantastic table. Really enjoying it. But I have a question about the snake shot.

I have played numerous games and I have yet to get the ball in the snakes mouth. This was a very easy and common shot on the pro version. Might there be something different with the snake shot for the LE version. Or do I need to aim better? :)

And how does the hammer object work. I have yet to see it move.

Thanks again for this awesome table.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Ben Logan2
                            Participant
                              @benlogan2

Great table! Thanks so much, Mike.

Is the hammer magnet working for you guys? When I light the lock for the hammer, the magnet doesn’t seem to want to grab the ball.

Hammer seems to slam down on table randomly.

EDIT: Upgraded to latest vpinmame over at VPUniverse. Problem solved.

Sliderpoint
                              Participant
                                @sliderpoint
                                MemberContributor

Slider, Fantastic table. Really enjoying it. But I have a question about the snake shot. I have played numerous games and I have yet to get the ball in the snakes mouth. This was a very easy and common shot on the pro version. Might there be something different with the snake shot for the LE version. Or do I need to aim better? :) And how does the hammer object work. I have yet to see it move. Thanks again for this awesome table.

Well, check to make sure you didn’t adjust the Z-Scale of the table first.  It is different than the pro version a couple ways.  First being that the Jaw is ROM controlled. You must hit it once to open the mouth and a second time to go in.  But it shouldn’t be that hard.  2nd is with the physics and other objects.  I put more walls and ramps around the mouth to be more accurate to the shape of the real deal.  But again it’s very make-able.  Maybe like Ben did, you need a different Vpinmame to make sure the Jaw is being controlled properly to open??

The coffin lock works like this: hit the captive ball 5 times to light lock.  When the ball rolls over the magnet on the next shot it will grab the ball and the hammer will come down to smash the ball under the PF into the coffin. By default lock 2 comes after 10 more hits and lock 3 comes after 15 more (those are frequently changed settings in the ROM).

-Mike

Sliderpoint
                                Participant
                                  @sliderpoint
                                  MemberContributor

was just playing this on the mini-cab, fun stuff (once I changed the FPS Limiter to default -1) but am I supposed to hear anything on an auto-plunge?

Seems that sound file is missing.  Supposed to be a sound file named “autoplunger”  that is missing from the table.  Maybe change line 732 to call sound file ‘plunger’ or ‘popper_ball’.  Or of course import your own preferred solenoid sound.

-Mike

Sliderpoint
                                  Participant
                                    @sliderpoint
                                    MemberContributor

Yes, here is a link to the thread discussing the issue and the fixed version of VP. As stated, it’s beta. There could be other issues. http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/2687-code-change-to-enable-sam-le-driver-board-support/?do=findComment&comment=33054 -Mike

Have those guys taken a look at the Dr. Who rom reset?

I haven’t mentioned it.   I actually haven’t seen that issue come up in a while now.  :wacko:

-Mike

robwaade
                                    Participant
                                      @robwaade

game looks and runs awesome sounds are killer the hammer goes up and down for me havent got magnet to grab ball though everything else runs good for me thanks for the awesome table  any suggestions on magnet by hammer :yahoo:

Ben Logan2
                                      Participant
                                        @benlogan2

Head over to VPUniverse, robwadde. I had the same issue. Didn’t realize there’s an even newer version of vpinmame out there. Fixes that hammer and magnet right up. You’ll be enjoying casket multiball in no time!

Fantastic table from an amazing team of veteran VP champs. Thanks so much, guys!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                        STAT
                                        Participant
                                          @stefanaustria
                                          MemberContributor

Ben, is it the 2.9Beta Thread ?

robwaade
                                          Participant
                                            @robwaade

do you know what version to look for  ben thanks i think i have the current one :mail:

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 201 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?