This topic contains 166 replies, has 65 voices, and was last updated by  Cue 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 161 through 167 (of 167 total)
  • Author
     monza 
    Participant

Just installed my lockbar fire button. But I cant seem to figure out the script change to make it work. Did not see the “fire” button in keydown/keyup. Can someone please tell me what to change to enable the lockbar fire (lockbarkey). Thanks

Don’t think you can for STTNG, the code never supported it. Stern’s Star Trek you can…

Ginsonic 
    Participant

Just installed my lockbar fire button. But I cant seem to figure out the script change to make it work. Did not see the “fire” button in keydown/keyup. Can someone please tell me what to change to enable the lockbar fire (lockbarkey). Thanks

Don’t think you can for STTNG, the code never supported it. Stern’s Star Trek you can…

Maybe I am wrong, but if I understand right, the probes on this table are launched using the fire button (trigger) aka PlungerKey.

So, adding these two (bold) lines should activate the fire button doing the same action as the PlungerKey, only the light on the fire button will not be activated, because there is no such button on the original cab and therefore is no DOF callback AFAIK.

Sub table1_KeyDown(ByVal Keycode)
      If KeyCode = MechanicalTilt Then
        vpmTimer.PulseSw vpmNudge.TiltSwitch
        Exit Sub
      End if

If keycode = PlungerKey Then Controller.Switch(12) = 1

If keycode = keyFire1 Then Controller.Switch(12) = 1

If keycode = keyFront Then Controller.Switch(11) = 1

If keycode = LeftTiltKey Then
        Nudge 90, 25
      End If

If keycode = RightTiltKey Then
        Nudge 270, 25
      End If

If vpmKeyDown(keycode) Then Exit Sub
    End Sub

Sub table1_KeyUp(ByVal Keycode)
      If keycode = PlungerKey Then Controller.Switch(12) = 0

If keycode = keyFire1 Then Controller.Switch(12) = 0

If keycode = keyFront Then Controller.Switch(11) = 0
      If vpmKeyUp(keycode) Then Exit Sub
    End Sub

wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

Thanks gin. I will keep that in mind going forward.

What I did that also seems to have allowed me to use the fire button is to revise “plungerkey” in the keyup/down with “plungerkey or lockbarkey”. It seems to be working.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr)

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, 22" upper and 19" lower monitors in the backbox - Virtuapin controller w/ analog plunger - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Ginsonic 
    Participant

Lockbarkey, hmhh, it seems, that I missed this one, I always used keyfire1 from vpmkeys.vbs  :whistle:

Thanks for the hint!

Cue 
    Participant

Just downloaded this table, It runs after it “finds” balls for a minute or 2 but the issue I am having is it does not load the probe. When I hit the launcher when the launch probe is lit, it says Launch Probe on the DMD but it just spits the ball out of the left ramp to the flipper.

I am running vpinmame 2.9 and have tried it is VPX 10.3 final and 10.4 beta. I also have deleted the nvram file multiple times and hit f3 to reset it and it still does the same thing. Any ideas how to fix it?

Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

No. Not really. Maybe validate your cleanup from this http://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/

I’ve seen a few that struggle with this table. But, I have two computers with VP and never had any issues at all. Just needing to wait for the initial routine where the balls get ejected up to the top before inserting coins and trying to start.

Cue 
    Participant

I updated to the latest vpinmame.dll and that fixed the problem. I thought I had the latest but I did not. Thanks for your help!

Some users who have liked this topic:

Viewing 7 posts - 161 through 167 (of 167 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 VPinBall.com

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account