Star Trek – The Next Generation (Williams 1993)

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 275 total)
  • Author
    Ginsonic
    Participant
      @ginsonic

Just installed my lockbar fire button. But I cant seem to figure out the script change to make it work. Did not see the “fire” button in keydown/keyup. Can someone please tell me what to change to enable the lockbar fire (lockbarkey). Thanks

Don’t think you can for STTNG, the code never supported it. Stern’s Star Trek you can…

Maybe I am wrong, but if I understand right, the probes on this table are launched using the fire button (trigger) aka PlungerKey.

So, adding these two (bold) lines should activate the fire button doing the same action as the PlungerKey, only the light on the fire button will not be activated, because there is no such button on the original cab and therefore is no DOF callback AFAIK.

Sub table1_KeyDown(ByVal Keycode)
        If KeyCode = MechanicalTilt Then
          vpmTimer.PulseSw vpmNudge.TiltSwitch
          Exit Sub
        End if

If keycode = PlungerKey Then Controller.Switch(12) = 1

If keycode = keyFire1 Then Controller.Switch(12) = 1

If keycode = keyFront Then Controller.Switch(11) = 1

If keycode = LeftTiltKey Then
          Nudge 90, 25
        End If

If keycode = RightTiltKey Then
          Nudge 270, 25
        End If

If vpmKeyDown(keycode) Then Exit Sub
      End Sub

Sub table1_KeyUp(ByVal Keycode)
        If keycode = PlungerKey Then Controller.Switch(12) = 0

If keycode = keyFire1 Then Controller.Switch(12) = 0

If keycode = keyFront Then Controller.Switch(11) = 0
        If vpmKeyUp(keycode) Then Exit Sub
      End Sub

wrd1972
      Participant
        @wrd1972
        MembervipContributor

Thanks gin. I will keep that in mind going forward.

What I did that also seems to have allowed me to use the fire button is to revise “plungerkey” in the keyup/down with “plungerkey or lockbarkey”. It seems to be working.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Ginsonic
        Participant
          @ginsonic

Lockbarkey, hmhh, it seems, that I missed this one, I always used keyfire1 from vpmkeys.vbs  :whistle:

Thanks for the hint!

Cue
          Participant
            @cue777

Just downloaded this table, It runs after it “finds” balls for a minute or 2 but the issue I am having is it does not load the probe. When I hit the launcher when the launch probe is lit, it says Launch Probe on the DMD but it just spits the ball out of the left ramp to the flipper.

I am running vpinmame 2.9 and have tried it is VPX 10.3 final and 10.4 beta. I also have deleted the nvram file multiple times and hit f3 to reset it and it still does the same thing. Any ideas how to fix it?

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

No. Not really. Maybe validate your cleanup from this http://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/

I’ve seen a few that struggle with this table. But, I have two computers with VP and never had any issues at all. Just needing to wait for the initial routine where the balls get ejected up to the top before inserting coins and trying to start.

Cue
              Participant
                @cue777

I updated to the latest vpinmame.dll and that fixed the problem. I thought I had the latest but I did not. Thanks for your help!

Herb
                Participant
                  @herb

I cant play this table since upgrading to VPX 10.3.1.

when the table is turned on and starts sending balls to get ready for a game it keeps draining balls, just always draining and sending another and draining.

ive deleted nvram, no luck, reinstalled the table, version 1.2 no luck.

it was working swell before. i dont want to start running multiple versions of vpx in my front end there has to be a better way.

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

Look 4 messages up. You are sure you’re not having the same problem – believing you’re updated ?

DJRobX
                      @djrobx
                      MemberModerator

Make sure your system is keeping up (close to 60 fps or better when you press F11).     If the frame rate drops too far below 60fps, VPM may not synchronize often enough and you’ll start to see weird things like stuck flippers and balls not triggering correctly when they roll over switches.

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Also keep in mind you don’t want to try starting or coin in on table until fully booted and ball location is finished. I have not had issues so maybe make sure your deleting proper nvram for the rom and then restart table and let it do it’s bootup usually like 2-3 balls launch and then should be good to go. But you know all this If you had it working

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

Magnus
                        Participant
                          @solidrock68

Amazing recreation! Got a small problem though. Look at top of the table.

Graphics look incomplete or unmapped white? Not sure if it should look that way.Star Trek

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

IF it is the mothership you are talking about it looks ok to me. You know that you can start the table with F6 and then move the perspective a bit ? That can help you look at it from some other perspectives. A smart thing to do if you haven’t used it before and likes the way it looks. Go to File -> Export -> Backdrop POV. Save it as lala.pov. Then use this guide https://vpinball.com/vpx-cameralight-mode-tutorial/ to move with. IF you rename that exported lala.pov to the same name as the table. Like you do for db2s then it will use it on loading next time. Of course, you can also just import it again and save in case you messed up while you where in the Camera mode.

arconovum
                            Participant
                              @nicholaschristopher
                              MemberContributor

Amazing recreation! Got a small problem though. Look at top of the table.
                              Graphics look incomplete or unmapped white? Not sure if it should look that way.

(If i’m not wrong)A flag is available in the script to have the alternate version of the borg ship, the one you have is the metallic version. I thought it was just me, but this is how the borg ship is supposed to look in desktop, not squished like in your image.
                              image taken from my FSS library:

Attachments:
                              blackvulcan3
                              Participant
                                @blackvulcan3

Thanks @thalamus, I was struggling to make shots today from the left flipper and lo and behold the solenoids were set to 1. Quick change to 2 seems to have done the trick and now my flips are at around 2 ms instead of 16.

I love your work at https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/fastflip-tables-and-info/

Awesome table, get the coloured DMD if you have a chance, perfect complement to this wonderful table.

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

Thank you and I had heaps of fun playing it yesterday with colored dmd myself. I however got a feedback to the script from Carny some days ago where he said

“I know that UseSolenoids is set to 2, but FastFlips are not showing as working (F11)”

Maybe if I mention @DjRobX we’re lucky to get him to explain if there is anything that can/needs to be done. He has done a few magic tricks here and there on other scripts. Tommy got a fix only a couple of days ago. I’m still struggling understanding FF fully.

DJRobX
                                    @djrobx
                                    MemberModerator

Dunno, it works for me.   I don’t see potential issues with upper flippers here either – the lower right one is connected to the upper right one, and the table doesn’t use solenoid 34 where it assumes upper left might be.   It actually uses surprisingly few solenoids for a seemingly complex table.

Pinball
                                    Participant
                                      @bigfoot53

Hey all,

im having an issue with the image below always on the play field

tngPNG

How do i get this to get it removed ?

Thanks

bruce

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Redownload the table you must have moved something or changed something :)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                        for IOS and Android

Pinball
                                        Participant
                                          @bigfoot53

Re-downloaded  reinstalled and have the same issue :)

Pinball
                                          Participant
                                            @bigfoot53

backglass and dmd are in the correct place . this image pops up shortly after the table loads.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 275 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?