White Water

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Flupper
    Participant
      @philippe

It’s a very nice table.

How can I fix it?

Could you give some more information? like:

what version of VPX (I use official 10.4)?
      Other recent tables are all working?
      What rom?
      everything else is working, like other mechanical sounds?
      Is it at startup or after some time playing?
      Did you alter the table in some way?

Ginsonic
      Participant
        @ginsonic

Great work Flupper, thanks a lot  :yahoo:

emuoyaji
        Participant
          @emuoyaji

sorry.
          I am using official 10.4.
          All the recent tables are working.
          I am using ww_lh 6 rom.
          Rolling sound was ringing, but I do not remember well.
          It usually happens shortly after starting.
          I have not changed the table, and even if I change it is only backdrop or image size.

I tried it again several times now. It seems that it is working normally. :yes:

Axilla
          Participant
            @subdisturb

I can’t believe I missed this one yesterday.  Now I have to wait all day to get home from work to check out.  :cry:

Thanks for all your hard work on this table flupper, and everyone else who contributed!  I’m sure it’s going to play every bit as good as it looks.  I’ve been looking forward to this one for a long time since you started posting all those eye candy images.

Does anyone know of where to find a high-res db2s?  The only one I have isn’t the greatest and I’d hate to pair it with such a beauty as this.  I thought I saw a HF one around here somewhere, but can’t find it anywhere.

LeChucksBeard
            Participant
              @lechucksbeard

Search for “white water db2s” on Google. That second result there, from bassgeige, is the one I use.

Andypc
              Participant
                @andypc

Flupper the table is amazing and hopefully this feedback is helpful. I just went a took this video of the attract mode. It was taken in a dark room. My Whitewater has LED’s fitted which are brighter than the normal bulbs, I also have two LED Mods, Yellow at the back and Blue under the ramps at the back left. Even with LED the sidewalls don’t reflect that much and it’s more subtle.

Will try and get a clip of the pop bumbers, but playing one handed while filming was a challenge :-)

Axilla
                Participant
                  @subdisturb

Search for “white water db2s” on Google. That second result there, from bassgeige, is the one I use.

I think this is the one I have.  I’ll have to check it when I get home.  It’s not that it’s horrible or anything, was just hoping for one of those 10k versions that have been all the rage recently to match up with this beautiful table ;-)

-EDIT:

I guess that wasn’t the one I have.  The one from bassgeige was recently updated.  Thanks for pointing that out.

Andypc
                  Participant
                    @andypc

Video of Pop Bumbers

arconovum
                    Participant
                      @nicholaschristopher
                      MemberContributor

Almost finished White Water. Just another big THX Flupper, really enjoying it. So I did ma thang , Mid, Day and night.

White-Water-Shadows-Day

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      Axilla
                      Participant
                        @subdisturb

I was only able to play a single game on my lunch break, but what a fantastic table.  I do have one question though, is there a reason you went with the ww_lh6 rom?  That rom struggled mightily on my system.  I went and changed the table to use the ww_l5 rom that I had used in previous versions of this table and did not have those same issues.  I’m hoping that the l5 rom won’t cause any issues with how you created the table if I’m unable to resolve my issues with the lh6 rom.  I just didn’t have enough time to dig into it.

Also wanted to point out that I noticed you had an option for displaying the rules with the “R” key.  With the new Pinup Popper, it allows you to record your screens using that same key by default.  That’s just a matter of remapping keys, but I wanted to put it out there that it did throw a script error on the table and crashed VPX when I tried to do a recording.

But, I can’t say it enough, it’s a marvelous table.  Your attention to detail is unparalleled.  I can’t wait to get off work and really give this a go!!

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Really is a great looking build. I think I said that already but dang it is nice!

********************************************************
                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Flupper
                          Participant
                            @philippe

I was only able to play a single game on my lunch break, but what a fantastic table. I do have one question though, is there a reason you went with the ww_lh6 rom? That rom struggled mightily on my system. I went and changed the table to use the ww_l5 rom that I had used in previous versions of this table and did not have those same issues. I’m hoping that the l5 rom won’t cause any issues with how you created the table if I’m unable to resolve my issues with the lh6 rom. I just didn’t have enough time to dig into it.

Also wanted to point out that I noticed you had an option for displaying the rules with the “R” key. With the new Pinup Popper, it allows you to record your screens using that same key by default. That’s just a matter of remapping keys, but I wanted to put it out there that it did throw a script error on the table and crashed VPX when I tried to do a recording.

But, I can’t say it enough, it’s a marvelous table. Your attention to detail is unparalleled. I can’t wait to get off work and really give this a go!!

Thanks! About the rom: what are the issues with the ww_lh6 rom? I know of only one (not sure if it is only this rom), that during attract mode, when on display there is all these holes, the lights are slowed down. Where did you download both roms?

vogliadicane
                            Participant
                              @vogliadicane

it is…..   …..Flupper!

Axilla
                              Participant
                                @subdisturb

Thanks! About the rom: what are the issues with the ww_lh6 rom? I know of only one (not sure if it is only this rom), that during attract mode, when on display there is all these holes, the lights are slowed down. Where did you download both roms?

I got both of the roms from VPF (although, I’ve had the l5 for a while, so it may not have come from there, grabbed the lh6 today).  Everything just ran extremely slow.  So, when an animation is playing after locking a ball, it took a good 15 seconds for that to finish before it would kick out the ball.  My default options for VPM when adding a new rom to the system will use the colorize option by default.  I should probably turn that off for the default option, but I never think about it.  Since I don’t have any colorizations for this table, that was going to be my first thing to check to see if having that turned on was causing the slowdown.

I also had no sound and couldn’t get into the service menu to see if I could adjust that (table sounds were fine).  I think my troubles getting into the service menu are solely on the way the rom was performing.

I really did only have about a total of 10 minutes to try to set it up and get in a quick game, so I’m sure I just need to make a few tweaks to my system when I get a chance to look into it.

Shannon
                                Participant
                                  @shannon1

Beautiful table as expected. What are you considering next?  Maybe Escape From the Lost World?

Ben Logan2
                                  Participant
                                    @benlogan2

If you’re using vsync, changing the flasher timing option to -1 in the script makes a really impactful change in realism. Awesome option.

If you find the sidewall detail overstimulating, try turning off reflections in the script options. Cleans up the sidewalks nicely. I think they look great. Allows you to see that beautiful illumination from the flashers against the sidewalls better too.

I love this one so much, Flupper. Been playing for hours and hours at our place.

arconovum
                                    Participant
                                      @nicholaschristopher
                                      MemberContributor

So Here is a comparison between Fluppers’ WW and the real thing. I use images like this to adjust my CCX color injector script, also added backglass reflections, and a whole wack of things, the only real difference is I like a little shadow from a spot, and in the photo its just ambient diffused sunlight..

Drybonz
                                      Participant
                                        @drybonz

If you changed the perspective on the VPX shot slightly and cropped the borders of those pictures, it would take a few to pick out which one was not real.

CarnyPriest
                                        Participant
                                          @carnypriest

Coincidentally, Endprodukt returned from about a 2 year limbo and is currently finishing the long and eagerly awaited Pinsound reorchestration for WH2O. He’s the one who did the masterful T2 and IJ reorchestrations. For WH2O he even hired the original voice actor to re-record his callouts using modern equipment and standards.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-reorchestration-for-pinsound-and-warren-davis/page/12#post-4291539

Mark70
                                          Participant
                                            @mark70

Absolutely Amazing, so much detail everywhere. Can’t list it all because everything looks great.
                                            And it is not only looking superb, this is also how it plays. Great Physics. Aweome lighshow.
                                            Thanks for sharing the tons of work it must have been, it is very much appreciated.
                                            -Bedankt!-

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 86 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?