Masters of the Universe(FP Conversion)

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 257 total)
  • Author
    The Loafer
    Participant
      @theloafer

Tom:  Should it not at least cough up an error message?

Did you try the tried and true solution:  cold boot, ensure you don’t have an antivirus interfering, load up the vpx exe and run it from there?

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

That would be great.  I loved this in fp but couldn’t stand the physics.  Thanks randr

loafer, it shows the vpx screen and the loading bar and then quits.  The first page of this thread I copied the crash report if that helps

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

No antivirus, and tried a couple different times

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

I will strip all videos to 19 frames. They will suck but table will still play fine screen on pf will just be white a lot that’s all

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

Is there a way to put a static image on it

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

pm sent

for IOS and Android

Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation
                  MemberContributor

Works great now.  It’s crazy that the little screen with videos will make it not work but the pup doesn’t affect performance.  Thanks for the help randr

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Its pushing the limits of the VP image editor for low end systems having all those images in there. PLEASE PLEASE upgrade your computer :)

for IOS and Android

Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation
                      MemberContributor

Is it the processor, lack or ram because of 32 bit or graphics card that you would suggest

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Is it the processor, lack or ram because of 32 bit or graphics card that you would suggest

I don’t know your full specs. but i doubt it’s the processor.

system ram(but your limited to 4gb with 32bitOS) this is more then likely the issue

what video card do ya have? 2gb ram on video should be plenty for this table but i would suggest a 1050 Nvidia for VP for sure

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

Tom
                        Participant
                          @armyaviation
                          MemberContributor

2gb video card.  Will update in future.  I will look into changing the 32 bit os.  Don’t want to clog thread so thanks for the help

RYSr (Rich)
                          Participant
                            @rysr

@randar

Great job on the table, a fun table to play!

One question. Since there is no B2s backglass available for this table, on the last version 9.0 the B2s server would display another random backglass when the table loads. In the new 9.0a version it doesn’t do this.

Do you know what code was added in this version that accomplished this? You mentioned that it was coded to allow a future pup pack.

I have the same problem on Clue, even with the pup pack I still get a random B2s back glass. In fact even on some rare tables like Jolly Park, that a B2s backglass is not available I will get a random backglass.

I sure would like to know how to shut that off in the script for a single table. You seem to have accomplished with this latest version, I searched through the script, but I cant figure it out..

I found this at the end of the script, and copied and pasted it to the 9.0 version but it did help..

Sub MOTU_Exit()
                            ‘Controller.Pause=False
                            If B2SOn Then Controller.stop
                            ‘if VideoIntro.enabled = false Then
                            ‘If UltraDMD.IsRendering Then
                            ‘UltraDMD.CancelRendering
                            ‘End If
                            ‘UltraDMD = NULL
                            ‘End If
                            End Sub

Thanks,

Rich

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Nothing in script would cause that… there is several b2s’s available here but I would think if anything is named similar it might pull it up but shouldn’t just pull up a random one that’s a new one to me!

for IOS and Android

bartzenegger
                              Participant
                                @bnelson4kc-rr-com

Incredible table randr thanks for taking the time to convert it.   I’m getting an error when I press the left flipper button   Which is keyed to the k on my keyboard so i changed the k to any other key not being used however I always get the same error any thoughts ?

Jaws works fine ect..

thanks for your help peeps!

bartzenegger
                                Participant
                                  @bnelson4kc-rr-com

Incredible table randr thanks for taking the time to convert it.   I’m getting an error when I press the left flipper button   It says something like if you get an error press k .Which the flipper is keyed to the k on my keyboard so i changed the k to any other key not being used however I always get the same error any thoughts ?

Jaws works fine ect..

thanks for your help peeps!

RYSr (Rich)
                                  Participant
                                    @rysr

Nothing in script would cause that… there is several b2s’s available here but I would think if anything is named similar it might pull it up but shouldn’t just pull up a random one that’s a new one to me!

by random I mean it picks up one that starts with the same first letter.

Thanks anyway, but something  changed since the last version that stops the B2s form working in v9.0a.

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Comment out the lines in that sub your pressing a “test” button setup in the Fp script and I didn’t convert that sub.  :good:

for IOS and Android

Johngreve
                                      Participant
                                        @johngreve

It’s an older i3 but I have over 300 vpx tables loaded and everything has worked so far. The only tables that don’t work are this and gi joe. I did the research to patch the 32 bit system but haven’t heard of anyone doing it successfully and don’t want to crash what I have now. I wish I could upgrade but just spent money on dmd. Was going to try and edit like you suggested so opened vpx and tried to load motu so it wouldn’t launch and couldn’t even do that

Im in the same boat you are Tom…Im running a 32 bit Win 7 system with 8Gigs of RAM…I get the VP10.5 stopped working error as well. I blame it on the lack of addressable RAM. I had the same problem with the new AFM table until that code was optimized. I think we need more horsepower. the 32 bit OS is killing us.

TerryRed
                                          @terryred
                                          MemberContributorModerator

Why on earth would you run a 32 bit OS with more than 4 GB or ram?

Get 64bit windows on a machine with 8GB of ram.

Johngreve
                                          Participant
                                            @johngreve

Why on earth would you run a 32 bit OS with more than 4 GB or ram?

Get 64bit windows on a machine with 8GB of ram.

Well…..mostly due to ignorance on my part…..bought a VirtuaPin cabinet and that’s what it came with….if I would of known at the time I would of run into this down the road I’d certainly opted for what you recommend. I know the update to 64 bit needs to be done but I severely lack the computer skills to tackle that upgrade on my own. I’ve already bought the key from MS to do this but haven’t tried it yet. It’s when I run into roadblocks like this I get motivated to try it. I guess as long as I have a good spare backup I can always go back to that if things go south for me on the upgrade.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 257 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?