The Addams Family (Bally 1992)

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    Daryl
    Participant
      @allknowing2012

Couple questions: DOF — how can I get dof for this non-Gold Edition and DOF for the VP9 GE table? I change the setting on the config tool website but it seems to be an either/or based on the rom? Anybody have the workaround needed?

This table is too hard? or something .. not sure.. Perhaps its the flippers or something. I cant make the ramp shots or train wreck etc. Best is 40M or so .. on the GE v9 I finished the Tour of Mansion, 30+ Bear Kicks and scored 610M – now that might be too easy as I am not *that* good.

Slider/anyone working tweaking the flippers perhaps? Strength/length/etc.

Sliderpoint
      Participant
        @sliderpoint
        MemberContributor

I don’t have DOF.  This VPX table has DOF put in by Arngrim himself. Sorry, I don’t know what your issue would be.

To say the VP9’s were too easy is an understatement, add another billion to your high score for what I was able to do on those.  I do not have a TAF pinball machine myself, but based on the 4 different ones I have been able to play while making this one, it’s much more accurate.  There are a few things after this last update that are still actually easier on this.  Catching the ball on the left flipper out of the chair is not a guarantee on the real deal.  Although there are somethings that are harder, backhanding the bookcase for example.

I am not working on tweaking anything else unless it’s broken (stutter, stuck balls, etc). Anything else I do would just be guessing without the real table next to me.  The table isn’t locked down, you can tweak all day long until it plays like you want. That’s the glory of VP.

-Mike

ICPjuggla
          @icpjuggla
          MembervipModerator

It seems a lot of people bitch about tables being too hard.. I’m guessing they don’t play real pinball much! ;-)

The thing is real tables are hard and should be recreated that way. Also, comparing an easy VP9 table to a really well done and dialed in VPX table is like comparing apples to oranges. Just don’t compair them because they don’t tast the same and have nothing in common even though you can get both in the produce department. lol B-)

TNT2
          Participant
            @tnt2

It seems a lot of people bitch about tables being too hard.. I’m guessing they don’t play real pinball much! ;-) The thing is real tables are hard and should be recreated that way. Also, comparing an easy VP9 table to a really well done and dialed in VPX table is like comparing apples to oranges. Just don’t compair them because they don’t tast the same and have nothing in common even though you can get both in the produce department. lol B-)

Amen. If I want something easier I just go play Pinball Arcade. It was designed to be easier than real tables.

HauntFreaks
              @hauntfreaks
              vipContributorMember

Thanks for the confirmation guys. I’ll upload an ‘official’ 1.3. I also made another change to the thing flips trigger. I also tried to keep that ball from getting stuck being next to the orange pop bumper. If it still gets stuck… nudge it :whistle: I believe that VP didn’t like calculating the collisions of the balls that were in the swamp lock area. As you may or may not be able to tell, there is a full ‘physical’?? subway on the table and the balls just rest up against each other under the table just like a real table. I added some tiny walls so that the balls were not colliding with each other under there. Props to Haunt for giving some landscape settings for you guys. Although I see you changed my environment image, you don’t like mine?!? I made it myself! LOL -Mike

wait huh?… what?….LOL   fuckin eagle eyes …
              lol…. i just like more contrast , no likes or dislikes….   ;)

Rajo Joey
              Participant
                @joey2001

There’s a bug with multiball. I’ve got multiball and shoot all three balls in Fester’s chair.

Then nothing happened. If I nudge, the hand release one ball. After this get lost, I again nudge and the hand release the second ball and so on. After this the framerate slows extremly down to nearly 30 fps; unplayable.

So, I think, there is something to do with this table. But thanks for your work. :bye:

rothbauerw
                  @rothbauerw
                  ModeratorContributorMembervip

There’s a bug with multiball. I’ve got multiball and shoot all three balls in Fester’s chair. Then nothing happened. If I nudge, the hand release one ball. After this get lost, I again nudge and the hand release the second ball and so on. After this the framerate slows extremly down to nearly 30 fps; unplayable. So, I think, there is something to do with this table. But thanks for your work. :bye:

I had this happen to me once as well with 1.2 but I haven’t been able to replicate it.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

rothbauerw
                    @rothbauerw
                    ModeratorContributorMembervip

I believe that VP didn’t like calculating the collisions of the balls that were in the swamp lock area. As you may or may not be able to tell, there is a full ‘physical’?? subway on the table and the balls just rest up against each other under the table just like a real table. I added some tiny walls so that the balls were not colliding with each other under there.

Nice job finding the issue!  Not that it really matters, but I don’t think the collision calculation with the two balls resting against each other was the issue.  I had placed a wall in the subway and had three or four balls jammed up in the subway without issue.  I wonder if having a ball locked in the kicker with another ball trying to enter the kicker or resting against a ball in the kicker was the real issue?

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Sliderpoint
                    Participant
                      @sliderpoint
                      MemberContributor

Three balls in the chair!? Nice shots! That’s not something I’ve done that I remember. I’ll see what I can do about that.

@rothbauerw that is basically what I was referring to. Since the issue was when 2 were locked, one would be in the kicker and one resting against it. I tried to replicate on a blank table, but couldn’t.

Pinbolt
                      Participant
                        @pinbolt

If I use the right flipper buttom I get this script error. I Try the table with VP 2774 to 2786. Everytime the same error. PLease help.

Sliderpoint
                        Participant
                          @sliderpoint
                          MemberContributor

You did not update your scripts from the Beta.  Or you have multiple copies of the scripts.

-Mike

Ben Logan2
                          Participant
                            @benlogan2

Hmm, Pinbolt — I was getting that error too. Updating to the latest 10.2 beta fixed the problem for me. Not sure of the version number offhand.

Sliderpoint
                            Participant
                              @sliderpoint
                              MemberContributor

V1.3.1 uploaded.   Fix multiple balls stuck in chair scoop. Adjust thing saucer kickout.

-Mike

Pinbolt
                              Participant
                                @pinbolt

Oh, thank you Mike. I found an old controller.vbs in my tables folder. Works fine now.

What for a fantastic table.

Daryl
                                Participant
                                  @allknowing2012

It seems a lot of people bitch about tables being too hard.. I’m guessing they don’t play real pinball much! ;-) The thing is real tables are hard and should be recreated that way. Also, comparing an easy VP9 table to a really well done and dialed in VPX table is like comparing apples to oranges. Just don’t compair them because they don’t tast the same and have nothing in common even though you can get both in the produce department. lol B-)

That’s all fine, but I know when I build a table, I spend way more time on graphics and placement then I do actually playing the game. So I look for input on that end. I just put it out there that – I am no expert – and wondered how others were finding the flippers and shots. Making that left ramp .. can you hit it?

Its been said before its not bitching, its a simple question.. sorry to offend .. I know there is a lot of negativity running around on the forums..

Sliderpoint
                                  Participant
                                    @sliderpoint
                                    MemberContributor

I find the left ramp very hitable.  I do see a lot of thread on flipper lag.   Just to test, try turning down all the video preferences and play (I know it doesn’t look good) but if it plays better than there could be something that needs to be adjusted.

-Mike

Daryl
                                    Participant
                                      @allknowing2012

I find the left ramp very hitable. I do see a lot of thread on flipper lag. Just to test, try turning down all the video preferences and play (I know it doesn’t look good) but if it plays better than there could be something that needs to be adjusted. -Mike

Could be .. what I quickly tried was to make the flipper object visible and hid the primitive. I also added 10 (degrees) to the swing (and tweeked the physics as per another thread on flipper in 10.2).  Was able to hit ramp, train wreck .. score tour of mansion +265M points. Coincidence. I dunno..

I will grab the latest update from |Slider and make the flipper changes again. Could be me .. could be my pc ..

Daryl
                                      Participant
                                        @allknowing2012

Argrin helped me out with the DOF. To be able to use both the tafg & taf rom for their respective tables, I needed to be using the R3 beta. I grabbed R3 Build 5818 and installed that.

Q: Is there a benefit to using flipper primitives (anymore) in VPx? I removed them and used the flipper W image. Seems to provide the same visuals and perhaps reduced any inherit lag on the flippers (if that was even a cause).

Sliderpoint
                                        Participant
                                          @sliderpoint
                                          MemberContributor

Glad to hear you got your DOF sorted out.

For the flipper. meh.. maybe if you run 4K or something then the prim will show better than just the image.  But for my next table I did skip the prim and just used a flipper image for the logo. (this is of course for standard flippers, gottlieb, spinball, Scared Stiff, etc won’t look legit without different prims).

-Mike

robertms
                                          Participant
                                            @mophead

Mike, your TAF v1.3.1 is absolutely stunning in every way, smooth as butter and literally sparkles in my cab, incredibly well done :good:

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 237 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?