Total Nuclear Annihilation – Welcome to the Future Edition

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    templarjh
    Participant
      @templarjh

This is FANTASTIC

Plays perfectly on my $250 laptop. My wife loves this table and she didn’t know what I was downloading. When she heard “Welcome to the future” her eyes went like O_O

I’ll try the PuP and stuff eventually, but if anyone’s wondering if this plays on a slow system with no b2s, here you go. I downloaded it, changed the 1 to a 0 in the script for no PuP, and that was it.

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

This is FANTASTIC

Plays perfectly on my $250 laptop. My wife loves this table and she didn’t know what I was downloading. When she heard “Welcome to the future” her eyes went like O_O

I’ll try the PuP and stuff eventually, but if anyone’s wondering if this plays on a slow system with no b2s, here you go. I downloaded it, changed the 1 to a 0 in the script for no PuP, and that was it.

Could you do me a favour? Since you dont have the pup-pack and pup installed, correct?

Switch the pup option back to enabled in the script and let me know if the table still works fine for you.

I put in checks in the table script to NOT use pup functions if pup wasn’t installed on the PC…even if its enabled in script. So I want to be sure that is working correctly.

templarjh
        Participant
          @templarjh

This is FANTASTIC

Could you do me a favour? Since you dont have the pup-pack and pup installed, correct?

Switch the pup option back to enabled in the script and let me know if the table still works fine for you.

I put in checks in the table script to NOT use pup functions if pup wasn’t installed on the PC…even if its enabled in script. So I want to be sure that is working correctly.

Nope, just a script error:

Line: 8670

ActiveX Component can’t create object: ‘PinUp Player Display.’ And the table won’t launch from there.

templarjh
          Participant
            @templarjh

Hmm so yeah if the table should work fine anyway, it’s not >_>

Straight from download to playing the table, all I did was download, unzip the table itself and the music pack, and attempt to launch the table. I got the error message above, changed the 1 to a 0 at line 69 for “use Pinup” and launched the table from there. I don’t have any of that other stuff installed. Hope that helps!

TerryRed
              @terryred

Hmm so yeah if the table should work fine anyway, it’s not >_>

Straight from download to playing the table, all I did was download, unzip the table itself and the music pack, and attempt to launch the table. I got the error message above, changed the 1 to a 0 at line 69 for “use Pinup” and launched the table from there. I don’t have any of that other stuff installed. Hope that helps!

Yah, the check isn’t working for some reason (it does when used with my PinEvent modded tables)… I need to figure it out.

Thanks… that was helpful.

Friffy1
              Participant
                @friffy1

Let me be clear here….  Definitely no criticism!  This is a rather difficult, super-fun table with a PuP Pack that definitely pays tribute to the table itself!  Just one little… constructive observance:

When entering high scores, it doesn’t mention which player is entering their initials.  I’m guessing it goes in player order?  But it might go in score order.  No idea.

LynnInDenver
                Participant
                  @lynnindenver

I believe it actually does the high score as each player is finished, not all at once at the end.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                  Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                  Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Peter222
                  Participant
                    @swietlikowa

Finally, I tried to set it on a split monitor (topper and DMD). My topper has 860 x 368px so without a few pixels it has (more or less) 16:9 aspect ratio. That’s why I’ve switched the screens in PupPack editor to my topper (CustomPos) and so far it works great! :) Additionally I turned off the backglass in PupPack and returned b2s so I can see 4 counters as well. Now I love this game even more! ;)

20200324_160836

Friffy1
                    Participant
                      @friffy1

I turned off the backglass in PupPack and returned b2s so I can see 4 counters as well. Now I love this game even more!

Might I suggest @terryred ‘s workaround:

TerryRed wrote:
                      change Screen 2 (Backglass) CustomPos to 2,0,0,100,90 (this will size the pup backglass to leave space for the B2S 4 player score to be seen)

It really works amazingly well!  I realize the PuP blackglass changes are generally subtle, but they really do add to the flavor of the game.  This workaround gets you the best of both worlds.  Great PuP pack backglass AND scores.

TerryRed
                        @terryred

Finally, I tried to set it on a split monitor (topper and DMD). My topper has 860 x 368px so without a few pixels it has (more or less) 16:9 aspect ratio. That’s why I’ve switched the screens in PupPack editor to my topper (CustomPos) and so far it works great! :) Additionally I turned off the backglass in PupPack and returned b2s so I can see 4 counters as well. Now I love this game even more! ;)

20200324_160836

The easier solution would be to position your Music screen there at 655 x 368… which is 16:9. This way everything that comes out using a FullDMD option (including tna) for PuP will automatically be placed there.

The reason why it needs to be 16:9, is for the pup text to scale and position correctly. “Videos” will most likely work at an odd ratio, but sometimes they too will get resized by vlc incorrectly if not at 16:9.

Peter222
                        Participant
                          @swietlikowa

The easier solution would be to position your Music screen there at 655 x 368… which is 16:9. This way everything that comes out using a FullDMD option (including tna) for PuP will automatically be placed there. The reason why it needs to be 16:9, is for the pup text to scale and position correctly. “Videos” will most likely work at an odd ratio, but sometimes they too will get resized by vlc incorrectly if not at 16:9.

@terryred you’re right. I was wrong about the calculations :) Just recently I was counting how much HiRez00’s mp4 TNA Topper 1280×540 fits me to the ratio of my topper. 1280×540 has similar proportions. But of course neither 860×368 nor 1280×540  has a 16:9 ratio. Still, it doesn’t look bad but I think I’ll change it to 655 x 368 according to your suggestion.

The Loafer
                          Participant
                            @theloafer

I just wanted to add that I love the ability to see the 4 segment display scores with the ability to see all the PUP stuff.  This is such a fantastic release, can’t get enough of it.

On that note, I didn’t realize until playing for a while but I was only getting part of the experience, because not all videos were showing on the backglass (I run a 2 screen setup with a real DMD).  So I had read the instructions which stated we need to be on the b2s server 1.3.0.4.  That’s cool, I thought I was but hey, better update it.

Well, that went down quite the rabbit hole as it’s not easily found where the latest version resides.  if I searched for b2s server for VPF, I’d get 1.3.0.1 (1.3.0.4 is there, just doesn’t always come up in a search).   VPUniverse.com seems to only have 1.3.0.1, this site I think points to using the all-in-one which I don’t think had the latest version (could be wrong).  At the end of the day, it’s always best to get it at the source which is found here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/b2s-backglass/files/

Terry:  Next time you update this release thread, a suggestion?  Add in the installation section in the “requirements” section something like “you can find the latest version of B2S Server here:  “https://sourceforge.net/projects/b2s-backglass/files/

With the latest version, I got the extra videos and the little looping video on the backglass too.  It’s wonderful, such a fantastic job.  The point on my post is to remind people you may THINK it’s working but you may be missing out. Don’t assume you have the latest b2s server installed.  One way you can confirm is when you see the PUP scoring on the backglass.   if its showing up on top of the backglass and not a pup video, you had an older B2S installed.  If you see the PUP scoring on top of an animated video, you are good.  Note that you don’t have this issue if running without a db2s backglass. As noted in the installation instructions, you need to ensure “Bring BG Form To Top” is unselected however that option doesn’t exist on the older b2s server, thus the rabbit hole search :)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            TerryRed
                              @terryred

@The Loafer

Well… if everyone used the link (to the pup wiki) I put there in the instructions (the top of the “FIRST POST” under the videos) for properly setting up and installing PuP… and went through all the requirements needed on that page for PuP…

…you would see that there is a lovely link to the the latest 1.3.0.4 B2S server right there…. among all the other things you need to be completely up to date before you install PuP.

:)

Update: I added more extremely thorough links and info that will basically setup Fort Knox by the time you are done.

bciarcia
                              Participant
                                @bciarcia

Hey all,

First of all, I want to thank all of you for all of your hard work on these tables…  they are simply amazing, and I truly appreciate all the help.

Im having an issue getting this table to run.  I have 2 screens and a Real DMD.  when i launch the table, i get an error at line 8670    ‘ActiveX component can’t create object: ‘PinUpPlayer.PinDisplay’.

any thoughts?

The Loafer
                                Participant
                                  @theloafer

Are you certain you are on the latest version of PUP and that your dll’s are unblocked?

evileman
                                  Participant
                                    @evileman

Wow … this is fantastic.  Thankyou gtxjoe, Pinballfan2018, TerryRed, trochjochel, Joey B, HiRez00, NailBuster. Your hard work is appreciated!!! :good: :yahoo:

Matt Bini
                                    Participant
                                      @mattbini

Fantastic table and I can see that so much work has been put into this pup pack, both are superb Thank you very much. Everything looks and works so smoothly even with my old cpu.

I use the b2s backglass, turned off the backglass in pup and then set screens 11 and 13 to my under topper which is 9×3 ratio by changing the screen positions in the pup editor to 0,0,0,100,100. Works a charm (ok a little squashed) but still great. Cheers :good: :good: :good: :good:

studlygoorite
                                      Participant
                                        @studlygoorite

Where can i get the orbital scoreboard edition? Been looking everywhere.. but the correct place i guess.

TerryRed
                                          @terryred

Where can i get the orbital scoreboard edition? Been looking everywhere.. but the correct place i guess.

It doesnt exist.

bietekwiet
                                          Participant
                                            @bietekwiet

Congrats on making yet another fantastic Pup-Pack, TerryRed!

I am loving every bit of it. You have a way of making a Pup pack respect the flow of the existing table, that is quite an art. Just like the Tron Pup Pack, the video adds to experience instead of disrupting it. Thanks so much!

PS: It is REALLY important to read First AND SECOND post in the Support Topic section for the valuable information to set up the table to your configuration.

When I first set up the table I totally missed reading the second post which was vital to have this all working!

Now it does!:

Total nuclear annihilation

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 173 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?