Working on site part deux

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 469 total)
  • Author
    BorgDog
    Participant
      @borgdog
      MemberContributorvip

Using Android app on Android 10 I get the same issue, also does not give me any pop up for copy/paste on links so not so good, but also not a big deal, usually in a computer somewhere. Oh and it keeps signing me out every few weeks or something.

Thanks for all your work as usual.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Couple updates:

@borgdog
        I will be doing a huge update to app from ionic4 to ionic5 very soon and should be much better app then. I hope! Been working on backend stuff for app upgrade for last week and getting close to a release but first need everything updated on site so taking a bit to get all the bugs out.

I just updated downloads area again. Had a small bug for multi file downloads now that files are not checked by default if you tried downloading a file with no selection you would still get ALL files! I think it’s now fixed but requires you to first clear your browser cache. Anyone want to test this for me? Clear your browser cache, find a download with multiple files(they should not be all checked now) click download… nothing should download. Then choose one file and click download it should download just the one file. Then choose more then one file it should download “package”. Again I think this will only work if you first clear browser cache to see changes I made today. Gold star to anyone willing to test and report back!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Yes. It works like you describe. What I did : Open FF in incognito mode. Logged in – picked 10.5 beta – none was checked. Pressed download – nothing, picked one – got the expected file – picked two and did get VP-10.5-Beta.zip – not package.zip – but, it contained the files I was asking for.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

@thalamus thank you for testing! yes i think that would make sense as “package” would only be ALL files. Please try all files and see if you get Package.zip i bet you do but if only 2-3 files it would be only file name.zip with 2-3 files. At least thats how it should work now

OH! here is your gold star…

star

for IOS and Android

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

Haha, I stole your star @thalamus !

JR
              Participant
                @jfr1

…that’s some funny stuff right there.

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

I was like… I don’t get it but then noticed toms avatar. Lol

for IOS and Android

The Loafer
                  Participant
                    @theloafer

grumble … HE gets a gold star… grumble

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

@randr : Yes, it works exactly like that. Pick a few, and it is named like I meantion. Pick all – and it becomes package.zip – nice :good: :good:

Rajo Joey
                      Participant
                        @joey2001

I tested it :good: with Lost in Space:

Both files unchecked: nothing happened ( at first try it is downloaded as package, but I didn’t have clear the cache :-) )

Only one file checked: file was downloaded with correct filename.

Both files checked: download was named as package.

So everything seems to be alright. :good:

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

That was the tricky bit getting it to still work for people that don’t clear cache! My first attempt it wouldn’t download anything a less you cleared cache and for new users it didn’t work as the didn’t have old cookie.. all confusing stuff but works now. Thanks all for testing!

today I’m going to start updating server for new ionic5 app… this could break all notifications for old app but won’t know until I try and I have not published new app yet so could make for a few interesting days. But I think worth the trouble in long run.

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Did half the server update for upcoming new app release just now please let me know if you see anything wrong on site or in app. Nothing should be different yet but site is now ionic5 app ready i think

for IOS and Android

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Doing a big update to push notifications. currently have push notifications off. just a heads up

for IOS and Android

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

test for push to my personal mobile from forums….

for IOS and Android

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

HUGE update to notifications are now running live. You should not really see anything different so if you do please let me know in this thread.

for IOS and Android

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Applied a few updates to site just in last hour so keep eyes open for anything broke. I will say its been busy on site and i know the load times are a bit longer then normal but is to be expected with everyone at home so is what it is.

I will also take this time to say THANK YOU to everyone contributing during this crazy time it is great to see such a great community sharing their time and work when needed the most!

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    JR
                                    JR
                                    Participant
                                      @jfr1

I think I saw almost 600 logged on before heading out today.  Wow.  Maybe many were ordering t-shirts!

Thanks again randr for keeping this all going.

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

@jfr1 I can count on 2 hands how many people have got a shirt lol. I like them though and so does the wife. it has been active lately for sure! Which is good????

for IOS and Android

JR
                                        Participant
                                          @jfr1

Was it STAT that was wearing one over in Europe in a pic?  I want one.

The Loafer
                                          Participant
                                            @theloafer

I’m wearing one right now and since I’m working from home due to the coronavirus thingy, I’m wearing one of your shirts probably 6 out of 7 days.  Maybe I should make a Mon-Sun thread showing the different shirts I wear lol

Thanks for all you do Jason, so nice for the community to count on such an awesome site.  This really has been a heck of a month of releases so far though stellar offerings!

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 469 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?