Jurassic Park (Data East 1993) Dark, Bodydump,Randr,Rothbauerw,Flupper,Hauntfreaks,Lobotomy

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    Ben Logan2
    Participant
      @benlogan2

Ben Logan2 do you play it with AA on? It is the first table on which I have to turn AA off ;)

I didn’t change any of the default settings. I often turn AA and Update AA in Game off on other tables though. My GTX750ti isn’t the most robust card around.

Mark70
      Participant
        @mark70

A quick suggestion for anyone, like myself, who doesn’t have additional buttons wired for L/R/magnasave on their cab/controller Adding an additional “or keycode = PlungerKey” to lines 785 and 833 enables the Smart Missile to be activated with your autoplunger button. (doesn’t affect initial ball plunge) Thanks again, for this table !!

Yeah, I also set this function to the autoplunger button most times,  even so my cab has magna save buttons.
        Due to the fact this table has a mini DMD game, where a Dino appears during the gameplay which you can shoot by using the autoplunger button. I mapped it this time to the extra ball (buy in) button. If anyone is interessted, just set keycode = KeyFront instead of PlungerKey (respectively LeftMagnaSave).

Dark
          @dark
          vipMemberContributor

Well I just got a version of my table with many things changed that I don’t like from that classless ass hat clark cunt with the expectation of me using and uploading them, and he had the grace to say I don’t need to credit him wow so nice.  I mean we only put in a year’s worth of work for him to come in and change it all around to his liking and dictate it to the rest of us, that’s how it should be.  Seriously this is like the third time he’s pulled this shit on me and I’ve never been happy about it, seriously fuck this guy.

It’s bullshit like this that squashes any doubts of my retiring.

3dcreation

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Clark Kent
          Participant
            @clarkkent
            MemberContributor

I just corrected problems and offered them in a private conversation. You are just a rude person, shame on you.

Dark
              @dark
              vipMemberContributor

You changed backdrop settings, lighting and other features and forwarded to me expecting me to upload it as the next revision, you tried to pull the same shit with Taxi and Gilligan’s.

Despite what you believe, your opinions don’t need to be dictated onto others, it’s rude an insulting.  I treat people how they treat me and you’ve slighted me many times now despite my best efforts to turn the other cheek and tolerate you.

3dcreation

Clark Kent
              Participant
                @clarkkent
                MemberContributor

I never asked you to upload my changes. Never. I just said that if you want to use anything you do not have to mention me. It was PRIVATE only and you brought this to public.  If I would be the admin of this server I would caution you because of the rude and very insulting talking.

Dark
                  @dark
                  vipMemberContributor

No you just send me a version of my table with a bunch of changes and hope I don’t notice them and hope they get uploaded.   You just “corrected the problems” as you see them, often those “problems” are aesthetic things that are a matter of personal preference or opinion.  Why do you even bother to send me a dropbox table link with all your changes if you don’t expect or desire it to be an official release?  YOU ALWAYS PULL THIS KIND OF BS.

If I were the admin I would of just banned you by now for all the shit you cause.  You can try and turn this around on me but the one glaring constant here is that you have a long history of insulting and upsetting table authors.  The damage you’ve caused has outweighed the good you’ve accomplished.

3dcreation

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

I’m sure everyone likes a table a certain way but honestly I was so happy with how this played one of the last things I added was new flipper prims and forgot to set to non collidable! That was my mistake and after test playing for as many times as you do while building a table I didn’t even notice but was a huge f up on my part.

One thing about visual Pinball is you can change things! That’s what makes vp so great! @clarkkent I like your input as I’m not the best “author” and I out in quotes because I’m just not the best but I do try. I’m going to personally look at some of your suggestions for sure! Nothing I do is perfect that’s for sure. Bill did physics for the table and he does a great job! But I will look at rubbers and other alignment issues for sure.

I will add that we spent a lot of time on this build so let’s keep the comments coming to make it better.

Has anyone noticed the shadow under the t-rex plastic that rotates with t-rex!? :) visually  this is one nice build!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                    for IOS and Android

smithy001
                    Participant
                      @smithy001

Before I was not that enthusiastic about most Data East tables, but this one: WOW!

Graphics and physics are incredible, thank you so much for your work.

W10 64, 750W, MSI Z370, i5-8600k @ 4,8 GHz liquid cooled, 16GB DDR4 3000, MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB, Samsung SSD, WD 1TB HDD,
                      PF Samsung 37" HD 1920x1080, BG Acer 27" 1920x1200, LED-Wiz, GP-Wiz 40, 4 RGB buttons, VP 9.21, VP 10.6, VPM 2.9, DOF R2, +/- 250 tables.

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Ugh. Finally got it to work. As I am running exclusive force fullscreen and the ROM is different that what is in the enabled in the script I have to alt-tab before it crashes for the first time. Usually I am able to do that and change it in the script and then run it. For some reason when I did that here the sound the audio was messed up. However if I played it with the default 513 and then changed it in the script and ran 600 the second game it worked. Is there any easier way to do this the first time you run a table for you exclusive fullscreen users? I am probably not making much sense. I need some sleep.

@tnt2 You should consider setting up an alternative startup shortcut http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/exclusive-full-screen/page/3/#post-66384 Either one of mine or vogliadecane should work for you. If you have problem with any table, use the shortcut to get out of a forced full screen and fix the problem. Since the table was just played. It would normally ( if it didn’t crash ) be the first game in the file menu -> recent game … so, very easy to get to.

This is what i did too! Only way to install/test a table for sure!

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

Mark70
                        Participant
                          @mark70

visually this is one nice build!

It’s hard or let’s say impossible to imagine that this table could look or play any better!

HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

1.02 update is great. Thanks. Can’t believe it plays so smoothly on my system, given all the amazing visual detail. @Rally — mod away! I love that we have such a flexible engine. I played played a Rob Zombie at a friend’s house tonight that made me fall in love with that game, when I formerly thought it was kind of a dud for Spooky Pinball — all due to the way he’d set it up.

proof everyone has his or her own taste, I played Rob Zombie a few times… and I’ll never get over how someone could destroy an awesome theme like that
                            it had terrible gameplay, horrific PF graphics and cheap dollar store looking toys… I even see cheap 3D printed parts
                            it scares me to no end what they’re going to do to poor alice cooper  :( …. JJ or even stern should have gotten both those themes to build IMO

The Loafer
                            Participant
                              @theloafer

It’s “share your opinion Sunday” so I’m all in!

Clark:  I’ll put in a bit different way. You may not mean it, you do have some good suggestions and done some good work and I think you may have good intentions.  But when someone works their ass off on a table, private messaging or not, there’s a certain tact to use if you feel some suggestions could be useful and as Dark has mentioned, it’s not like this is an isolated incident.  Anyway knowing Dark for years now, I know he’s very open to constructive criticism, word being constructive and also clear criticism.  Having a bunch of changes without identifying them, that can be seen by some as rude/disrespectful.  I gather it’s a matter of perspective, some might say authors are sensitive, others say “own your words”.  I’ve not seen your private post but like Dark said, it’s not the first time…

Perhaps it’s a language issue but I wish there was a way for you to contribute as you do, but with better use of words at times.  For the record, you are still a far greater contributor than I am, at least 2.4X I figure ;)

HauntFreaks
                                @hauntfreaks
                                vipContributorMember

I think the ball is to small…. too soon??…. my bad  …LOL

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

@theloafer I couldn’t understand a word you Said was all metric and to many eh’s.

for IOS and Android

The Loafer
                                  Participant
                                    @theloafer

I think the ball is to small…. too soon??…. my bad …LOL

Dont you mean the ball is too dark?  Yuck yuck

The Loafer
                                    Participant
                                      @theloafer

@theloafer I couldn’t understand a word you Said was all metric and to many eh’s.

Your previous message was halfway politically correct, thought you were Canadian there for a second, just needed to see you apologize

TNT2
                                      Participant
                                        @tnt2

Ugh. Finally got it to work. As I am running exclusive force fullscreen and the ROM is different that what is in the enabled in the script I have to alt-tab before it crashes for the first time. Usually I am able to do that and change it in the script and then run it. For some reason when I did that here the sound the audio was messed up. However if I played it with the default 513 and then changed it in the script and ran 600 the second game it worked. Is there any easier way to do this the first time you run a table for you exclusive fullscreen users? I am probably not making much sense. I need some sleep.

@tnt2 You should consider setting up an alternative startup shortcut http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/exclusive-full-screen/page/3/#post-66384 Either one of mine or vogliadecane should work for you. If you have problem with any table, use the shortcut to get out of a forced full screen and fix the problem. Since the table was just played. It would normally ( if it didn’t crash ) be the first game in the file menu -> recent game … so, very easy to get to.

Excellent. When I get a chance I will check it out. Thanks.

robertms
                                        Participant
                                          @mophead

..that confounded HMLF nonsense..

Seriously dude? That’s the most constructive comment you could muster? Hundreds of hours went into developing these settings and 99% of the people here approve of the result. Thank gawd VP devs left you ways to tweak things to your liking :negative: Crisis averted.

I changed BallMass and PF Friction. How is this an insult? I don’t like HMLF. So what, I’m weird. Shall I not have any opinion and inform about what I changed to enjoy the hard work of these individuals? Leave me alone.

@Rally you’ve completely missed the point. Nobody cares if you mod things to your liking, we all do it in one way or another to suit our tastes. Nobody cares if you share your findings either, just do it respectfully without discrediting the hard work of others and calling it all but useless. Calling someone else’s hard work “confounded nonsense” is very poor choice of words, especially that we all (including you) reap benefits from it.

Johngreve
                                          Participant
                                            @johngreve

Wow….what an EPIC release!

I’ve been a fan of this table since it came out in 93..,the same time as the movie. My daughter was only 5-6 at the time and was all dinosaurs 24/7. I remember we would stop in at Aladins Castle as a family and play that table back then…..all she cared about was getting the Dino to eat the ball…..points mean nothing to a child that age, they just want to see things happen on the PF. I can’t say for sure but I’ll bet my daughter had to stand on a stool to hit the flipper buttons and see the playfield. This was the table I taught her to press only one flipper button at a time rather than both at the same time as most kids do when they are learning. Man those were the days……now she’s 29 and we still play this table when she comes home but no longer needs a stool.Shes going to love this version to be sure.

Anyway, enough reminiscing and back to the topic at hand. I love the razor sharp detail of the playfield and how well it’s lit. Absolutely love the way the spotlight light reflects off of the Dinosaurs head as he goes down to pick up the ball. I don’t know if that’s easy or hard to do but it sure looks impressive. Love the insert lighting, bright and crisp…easy to read. The ball physics are perfectly suited to the way I play. Also love all the options and especially the glow ball. Super creative…try that on the real table.Don’t take you eye off the ball either to look at the DMD display or you’ll lose the ball in the blink of any eye…..I’ll never learn though, I keep doing it and curse myself under my breath to stop doing that.

I just printed out the rules, like 24 pages or so and am going to make it my business to learn this table inside and out. This table is another magnificent achievement in VP. I’ve got a few real tables, TZ,BK2000 and both the P2k tables but because of releases like this my VirtuaPin cabinet is the go-to cabinet for me. Bravo team! Just a tremendous achievement, I watched the build come together on the WIP thread and just couldn’t wait. So happy when it was released….couldn’t run down to the cabinet to DL it fast enough.

Thank you all!!!

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 217 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?