The Addams Family (Bally 1992) V2 – G5K, Sliderpoint, 3rdAxis

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 528 total)
  • Author
    Galahad
    Participant
      @galahad

Hi, this is by far THE BEST vpx Addams Family I’ve played! Wonderful textures and a real joy to play!
      Here is a screenshot of the table with my custom made background/DMD for Desktop play (1920*1080).
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1X6VnQYu7JHZeZwhO0T7o2i9xESKksM1N

Well done, and thank you!
      Greetz.

stvpin
      Participant
        @stvpin

Hi – I solved the cpp/compile crash on a hunch by exporting the two sidewood pngs, resizing them from 4096 to 4094 and reimporting.

1070ti,  VPX3664

jonathan1972
        Participant
          @jonathan1972

Unplayable!!

ball gets STUCK every single game  with no possible way to nudge free

why would the ball get stuck at the same place every game ?  why does this NOT happen on every single other version I’ve ever played on vp or any other platform?

Kach069
          Participant
            @kach069

Calm down Jonathan…..plays just fine for me.   Best table yet.  Gomezzzzzzzzzz…….Tishhhhh

Mark70
            Participant
              @mark70

Unplayable!!

ball gets STUCK every single game with no possible way to nudge free

why would the ball get stuck at the same place every game ? why does this NOT happen on every single other version I’ve ever played on vp or any other platform?

Why does this NOT happen for other players? Could it maybe caused by your setup?
              Did you change the Z value in camera mode? If yes, redownload the table and try the first game without making any changes.

rothbauerw
                @rothbauerw
                ModeratorContributorMembervip

Unplayable!!

ball gets STUCK every single game with no possible way to nudge free

why would the ball get stuck at the same place every game ? why does this NOT happen on every single other version I’ve ever played on vp or any other platform?

Why does this NOT happen for other players? Could it maybe caused by your setup?

Did you change the Z value in camera mode? If yes, redownload the table and try the first game without making any changes.

Or make sure you’re running the correct version of vpx. This table requires 10.6 beta.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

LeChucksBeard
                Participant
                  @lechucksbeard

I am having pretty bad lag with this table, and only this table. I only just now got around to updating my VPX and trying this. My machine is a core i7-7700k, with a GTX 1070, all running on SSD. Everything else plays very fast at 4k with no stutters.

I have just upgraded to the latest beta revision of VPX 10.6 from 10.5. Everything else remains unchanged. Vpinmame is 3.1. I’ve gone through all pages of this thread and I’m not finding a similar issue.

The play itself is not slow and the ball doesn’t seem to stutter. Putting coins in gets a quick sound reaction but after pressing start, it takes quite a while for the table to register that and start the game. Then, everything that happens on the DMD is very slow, scrolling, fade-ins. Similar lag seems to touch the flashers as well as the backglass (I tried 2 of those, the recent hi-res one that was uploaded here not too long ago, and the old one I was using with the previous version of TAF). The machine takes too long to react to ball loss etc. everything lags, except ball movement and actual play.

I can switch to T2 or Attack from Mars (to choose recent, graphic heavy tables) and they are both lightning fast, like the others,newest version of Cirqus Voltaire and Funhouse as well. I tried lowering graphic settings (textures, playfield reflections) with no change. Not using any AA.

I get no error messages.

Running the table in VPX directly or through PinballX makes no difference.

Any ideas?

rothbauerw
                    @rothbauerw

Sounds like a vpinmame issue or rom issue.  I’d start with downloading a new copy of the rom.

LeChucksBeard
                    Participant
                      @lechucksbeard

I will see about updating to the latest version of the SAMbuilt vpinmame. The rom was a fresh download, as I was using a different rom (gold version) with the previous version of the table. I’ll find another source.

Kach069
                      Participant
                        @kach069

Gomez?

LeChucksBeard
                        Participant
                          @lechucksbeard

It was totally the rom. I had downloaded the first one from the pinball DB site. I just tried the one from vpforums, it’s much larger (one extra file in the zip), and it fixed the issue right away.

charlieshakur
                          Participant
                            @charlieshakur

what is the diff between the uncompressed ver ??

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

Uncompressed has the original quality of the resources. They made a compressed version to help a few more “lower end” users to enjoy this table.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              Bigmike20vt
                              Participant
                                @bigmike20vt

Hi

I put some time into this last night and I noticed a strange issue (I don’t think I am imagining it) sometimes when rolling over the “fireball” the ball seems to do some strange issues, such as changing trajectory or maybe hitting an invisible wall.

Is this an issue you guys are aware of, am I going insane ? . It isn’t game breaking just…. A bit “off” if that makes sense.

Any idea?

Thanks.

On bright side I have not had the balls stuck under the electric chair bug in multiball again.

rothbauerw
                                  @rothbauerw

Hi

I put some time into this last night and I noticed a strange issue (I don’t think I am imagining it) sometimes when rolling over the “fireball” the ball seems to do some strange issues, such as changing trajectory or maybe hitting an invisible wall.

Is this an issue you guys are aware of, am I going insane ? . It isn’t game breaking just…. A bit “off” if that makes sense.

Any idea?

Thanks.

On bright side I have not had the balls stuck under the electric chair bug in multiball again.

You mean like when the magnets are on?

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  Draifet
                                  Participant
                                    @draifet

Bigmike20vt Maybe your next issue will be the flippers playing on it’s own without touching the buttons  :wacko:

ze-bob
                                    Participant
                                      @ze-bob

Remember that, Addams Family is strange too :wacko:

____________________________________________________________________
                                      Pincab setup:
                                      Core i7 870 + 16Go RAM, GTX 1050Ti, Win10 Pro.

Bigmike20vt
                                      Participant
                                        @bigmike20vt

Bigmike20vt Maybe your next issue will be the flippers playing on it’s own without touching the buttons  :wacko:

Doh sorry I didn’t realise it had magnets under it. That will explain it @rothbauerw thankyou for the info

Kach069
                                        Participant
                                          @kach069

Tisssssssssshhhhhhh

L0stS0ul
                                          Participant
                                            @l0sts0ul

I just had a ball fall off the table and just get that continuous rolling sound. I play this table a lot as the real one is at the pub and they play so close I get some great practice.

Today I was just playing a game. Single ball bounced up from the right slingshot slowly towards the area circled in pink. I heard the sound that it was hit and then the ball just disappeared. I’ve never seen anything like it. I wish I could be more specific about where it hit.

I’m on VPX_6_beta_rev3592 and the latest sam build.

Untitled

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 528 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?