Time Line (Gottlieb 1980)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    BorgDog
    Participant
      @borgdog
      MemberContributorvip

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/time-line-gottlieb-1980/

scantily clad amazon warrior women playing nuclear tic-tac-toe with a laser wielding time traveling robot evidently made sense to someone for a pinball machine theme in 1980, because here it is.

basically hit target banks and rollovers to place X’s on the tic-tac-toe board, for each X you place the computer places an O.  plunge to the mini playfield in the upper left, clear 7 drop targets there to get the center X, you have 10 or so seconds to do so once you hit one before the flippers die.  you can return to the shooter lane through the small gap to the loop at the top then any of the drops you hit on the main playfield prior to that point count towards the 7.  the 2 digit display on the backglass is your bonus count.  most of the info on what to hit to get what square is printed on the playfield.

scratch built from a scan of the playfield and plastics and new db2s from a photo.

thanks to @bord, @scottacus, and @Thalamus for play testing, extra thanks to bord for instructing me on blender shadow making (I almost understand what I’m doing now), and extra thanks to thalamus for the included nvram that sets the replay levels and options as well as the landscape POV file, table comes setup for playfield in portrait orientation which is how I have my cabs setup.

Total of 48 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Love the description:)

thanks borgdog for yet another pin.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Ben Logan2
        Participant
          @benlogan2

Looks awesome!

bord
            @bord
            MembervipContributorModerator

Thanks for this release. Not a game I’d ever seen before you picked yours up.

This should be a reference for how nice scanned resources can look. Between this and Hulk you’re spoiling everyone… not to mention how well it plays. Thanks!

Scottacus
            Participant
              @scottacus
              MembervipContributor

Really nice table that plays as good as it looks!  Your Blender skills are very good, the shadows show a beautiful gradation in darkness that I’ve only seen in Bord’s work.  Keep those great tables coming!

Frogger73
              Participant
                @frogger73

I just finished reading your Wedge Pincab build thread with your Time Line machine pics featured there and here it is! Many thanks for this release!

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

Woke up, read a PM asking if I would try this table out. Ended up spending hours on it absolutely loving it. Great job @borgdog. :good:

Schreibi34
                  Participant
                    @schreibi34

Oh boy, that looks sweet! Can’t wait to have more time to update the tables on my cab!

Thanks Borg and everybody envolved!

wrd1972
                    Participant
                      @wrd1972
                      MembervipContributor

scantily clad amazon warrior women playing nuclear tic-tac-toe with a laser wielding time traveling robot evidently made sense to someone for a pinball machine theme in 1980, because here it is.

Yep…someone was high! I nominate this table as the caziest pin theme ever, which previously belonged to embryon. Lol

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Goldchicco
                      Participant
                        @goldchicco

Is there a way to remove all the digits in landscape  mode?

BorgDog
                        Participant
                          @borgdog
                          MemberContributorvip

Digits should go away if you are running the back glass, if not then make sure disable b2s is checked in. Preferences, keys, nudge and dof

kds70
                          Participant
                            @kds70

@BorgDog: thanks for this top table release :rose:

Do you think DOF scripting is alright or should arngrim take a look for some corrections at the DOF config site for this table ?

For example the right slingshot didn´t work with DOF. And the left slingshot acitvates a top bumper solenoid.

Greedings, have fun and thanks for your effort to make those nice tables :good:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

BorgDog
                            Participant
                              @borgdog
                              MemberContributorvip

my DOF is down on my machine (someone should fix that) so can’t test, probably should have gone through more and verified stuff.  will do so and post an update.  thanks for bringing that up, I forgot about it.

kds70
                              Participant
                                @kds70

my DOF is down on my machine (someone should fix that) so can’t test, probably should have gone through more and verified stuff.  will do so and post an update.  thanks for bringing that up, I forgot about it.

No problem. Thanks … :mail:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

BorgDog
                                Participant
                                  @borgdog
                                  MemberContributorvip

@kds70 do you want to test the attached out for me quick and see if it works better.  just 5 script changes, slings and bumpers were the only thing I saw off.

outhere
                                    @outhere
                                    MemberContributorvipModerator

I was playing this game last night
                                    Nice job on the game it seems to play well and look nice

But the DOF Needs some Updating in the game and website

One of the bumpers and the left Slingshot in the script are using the same number for the DOF

I noticed for the drop target reset the solenoid fires and then eventually the targets come up

outhere
                                      @outhere
                                      MemberContributorvipModerator

All better – thank you

I forgot to mention
                                      Sound does not turn off for the drop target reset when it is Set DOF only in VP

BorgDog
                                      Participant
                                        @borgdog
                                        MemberContributorvip

All better – thank you

I forgot to mention
                                        Sound does not turn off for the drop target reset when it is Set DOF only in VP

thanks, should be able to fix that… some lazy bastard needs to get up off my couch and fix his cabinet dof.. so many projects..

kds70
                                        Participant
                                          @kds70

Seems to work ok now – had only time for a quick test. Thank you @BorgDog ;-)

BorgDog
                                          Participant
                                            @borgdog
                                            MemberContributorvip

@outhere can you test this one and make sure it takes care of the drop target reset sound.  I also reduced the delay on the bank resets since dof fires off the callback, it shouldn’t be quite as noticeable now. not sure why I put the delay in, but I know there was a reason  LOL

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?