The Walking Dead LE

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    -=Dozer=-
    Participant
      @dozer

Fantastic man, my switch positions look correct but I think the amount of time I have them activated is the issue.   The final piece of the puzzle is knowing the following.

1. Am I correct to assume that sw52 is only active while the ball is sitting on that little stopper at the crossbow entrance and until the arm moves away from home.
      2. When sw51 is hit (mark) I can see that sw50 (home) has turned off on the DMD – when you move back to 50 though, does sw51 stay active throughout the sweep until home is hit or does – a) sw51 turn off as soon as the arm begins to move back to home –  b) until it gets back to the left slingshot?.
        ( I couldn’t see the DMD while that was happening).
      3. Can I also assume that if the ball is not shot on the first pass and it moves back to home – is sw52 ever activated again before the game shoots the ball out automatically?  (I don’t think this will be the case as the ball will now be resting on the solenoid plunger and not activate 52 again as it returns home but would like to check).

Thanks for taking the time to do this will save a heap of time and make sure it’s working properly. – Dozer.

robwaade
      Participant
        @robwaade

how close to done is the awesome looking table you made thanks for all the time you put into it

-=Dozer=-
        Participant
          @dozer

how close to done is the awesome looking table you made thanks for all the time you put into it

It’s probably a week away I’d guess.  Dark wants to do some new models for it so we’ll see how long that takes.  If it’s going to be a while I might release it sooner and then release an update at a later date with the new models.

robwaade
          Participant
            @robwaade

thanks for reply feel like a kid waiting for an awesome christmas present it should be cool either way you release it its cool what you guys can do

PinBill
            Participant
              @pinbill

Fantastic man, my switch positions look correct but I think the amount of time I have them activated is the issue. The final piece of the puzzle is knowing the following.

1. Am I correct to assume that sw52 is only active while the ball is sitting on that little stopper at the crossbow entrance and until the arm moves away from home. Yes. The ball rolls past switch 52 and into the crossbow. 
              2. When sw51 is hit (mark) I can see that sw50 (home) has turned off on the DMD – when you move back to 50 though, does sw51 stay active throughout the sweep until home is hit or does – a) sw51 turn off as soon as the arm begins to move back to home – b) until it gets back to the left slingshot?. ( I couldn’t see the DMD while that was happening). This is hard to tell. The crossbow test only allows one switch at a time to be tested. I can’t physically tell where they are to see if one remains closed while the other is in use. 
              3. Can I also assume that if the ball is not shot on the first pass and it moves back to home – is sw52 ever activated again before the game shoots the ball out automatically? (I don’t think this will be the case as the ball will now be resting on the solenoid plunger and not activate 52 again as it returns home but would like to check). Thanks for taking the time to do this will save a heap of time and make sure it’s working properly. – Dozer. Correct. Switch 52 is only activated upon loading the crossbow. Once the ball is inside of the crossbow it will not be able to touch the switch again.  The only way to roll over the switch is to have it come down the diverter ramp. See video for details. 

http://youtu.be/rhbDA4R51W0

-=Dozer=-
              Participant
                @dozer

Fantastic man, my switch positions look correct but I think the amount of time I have them activated is the issue. The final piece of the puzzle is knowing the following.

1. Am I correct to assume that sw52 is only active while the ball is sitting on that little stopper at the crossbow entrance and until the arm moves away from home. Yes. The ball rolls past switch 52 and into the crossbow.
                2. When sw51 is hit (mark) I can see that sw50 (home) has turned off on the DMD – when you move back to 50 though, does sw51 stay active throughout the sweep until home is hit or does – a) sw51 turn off as soon as the arm begins to move back to home – b) until it gets back to the left slingshot?. ( I couldn’t see the DMD while that was happening). This is hard to tell. The crossbow test only allows one switch at a time to be tested. I can’t physically tell where they are to see if one remains closed while the other is in use.
                3. Can I also assume that if the ball is not shot on the first pass and it moves back to home – is sw52 ever activated again before the game shoots the ball out automatically? (I don’t think this will be the case as the ball will now be resting on the solenoid plunger and not activate 52 again as it returns home but would like to check). Thanks for taking the time to do this will save a heap of time and make sure it’s working properly. – Dozer. Correct. Switch 52 is only activated upon loading the crossbow. Once the ball is inside of the crossbow it will not be able to touch the switch again. The only way to roll over the switch is to have it come down the diverter ramp. See video for details.

http://youtu.be/rhbDA4R51W0

Thanks again for doing this – regarding b) The switch number during the test should fill with solid orange while it is activated I think from memory. So during the sweep if it is active for the entire time I would imagine that this would be the case and if not it should revert to it’s outline mode.  If that’s not the case, I might just have to fudge the logic manually to only allow the fire button to be active once it’s hit far right and then starts moving back.

Sliderpoint
                Participant
                  @sliderpoint
                  MemberContributor

I only played the LE a couple times, but I feel like I remember the fire button being active on the first part of the sweep.  Like you described first.  Available after clearing the left slingshot.  In videos of it, you can kind of see the ball is still “forward” in the crossbow until about the time it’s in line with the slingshot and the ball then rolls back a bit.  I think it’s at that point that the fire button becomes available.

-Mikwe

PinBill
                  Participant
                    @pinbill

Slider point is correct. When the crossbow leaves the home position the ball clears a little metal stop and rolls back against the firing pin. By the time it clears the left sling it is loaded and able to fire the ball.

BTW, how do we program a fire button in VP? I didn’t see it in the list of keys to assign.

TerryRed
                      @terryred
                      MemberContributorModerator

Slider point is correct. When the crossbow leaves the home position the ball clears a little metal stop and rolls back against the firing pin. By the time it clears the left sling it is loaded and able to fire the ball. BTW, how do we program a fire button in VP? I didn’t see it in the list of keys to assign.

It has always been the same as the plunger button, or one of the magna save buttons…at least for me.  Never seen an option for the FIRE button specifically.  That’s why I have always had my FIRE button wired to my left magna save (2nd flipper).

-=Dozer=-
                      Participant
                        @dozer

Thanks for the info everyone.  With this game you’ll have to install another fire button on your cabs.  I went with one of those jet fighter units where you have to flick a cover up to expose the button to prevent accidental activation.   Seriously though, it’s just mapped to right magnasave and the plunger button.

I’m pretty much done with it until Dark finishes his new models which he’s currently working on.

Here is a final video of the game as it stands.  I put a bicycle girl animation in last night that you can turn on or off so she looks around when the mode is active. Skip to around 1:50 to see some action including the crossbow model mod which I also noticed a couple of people who own the real machine have installed.

The crossbow weighting and speed are not 100% accurate as it was very tricky to get the laser and the mech to sync correctly if I put in a graduated slow down when the mech reaches it’s far right point.  It’s not too bad though and does pause momentarily before heading back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UxsoY7Mh7Y&feature=youtu.be

6 users thanked author for this post.
                        robwaade
                        Participant
                          @robwaade

looks awesome :yahoo:

DJRobX
                            @djrobx
                            MemberModerator

That looks f-ing amazing.  Can’t wait!

Drybonz
                            Participant
                              @drybonz

That looks really great.  Nice lighting and the crossbow is very cool.

What models is Dark doing?  Well walker?

-=Dozer=-
                              Participant
                                @dozer

That looks really great. Nice lighting and the crossbow is very cool. What models is Dark doing? Well walker?

He’s doing all of them – well walker, fish tank heads and a new bicycle girl.

RustyCardores
                                  @rustycardores
                                  MemberModerator

Can’t wait… refreshing this thread every 5 minutes! ;)

EDIT: Is it here yet?

;)

LTA
                                  Participant
                                    @luvthatapex

new models? This is awesome the way it is, can’t even imagine what comes next. Lets play this bad boy!!!!!

Sliderpoint
                                    Participant
                                      @sliderpoint
                                      MemberContributor

I’m pretty much done with it until Dark finishes his new models which he’s currently working on.

@dark
                                      LOL, no pressure!

ICPjuggla
                                        @icpjuggla
                                        MembervipModerator

@dark LOL, no pressure!

lol  B-)

-=Dozer=-
                                        Participant
                                          @dozer

This table is suffering from wicked feature creep lol.

Talking to Dark early this morning about how cool it would be to have additional real time lighting effects in the VP engine I remembered that ages ago I tried to hack in some shadowing using flasher objects with soft edged black images contain in them.  The problem was that the engine treats anything full black as transparent so you can’t see them.   I thought primitives may be the answer but then Dark mentioned the good old VP ramp.     The advantage of the flasher is that you can change it’s properties real time and fade the alpha channel.  With ramps you have to do it with script to move a shadow with multiple ramps and bit swap their state.

So this morning I tried it around the current well walker model and the results are below.  The effect is kinda subtle but you will see the shadow cast by the well walker in front of the model as he gets knocked back move.    I also have another simple shadow that is turned on next to the left side of the model when the right red flasher turns on.   With a simple blob shadow I think the effect is worthwhile enough to explore perhaps with a proper soft edged shadow of the model itself instead of a round blob.

Generally with most games there isn’t enough dynamic movement on the playfield to warrant it however it could still be used where you want to occlude light in a situation where a flasher was behind a ball guide for instance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-vD2sAC3ag&feature=youtu.be

Dark
                                            @dark
                                            vipMemberContributor

I just need to bake some additional texture swaps for the Well Walker and he’s all done and ready for a release:

Walking Dead 3D model bonanza! [Completed]

3dcreation

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 155 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?