Grand Tour (Bally 1964

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Scottacus
    Participant
      @scottacus
      MembervipContributor

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/grand-tour-bally-1964/

Has social distancing got you down?  Well grab your super 8 camera, hop into the convertible with the chicks and go on a “Grand Tour!”  We’ll see the sights of ten European hot spots as we play this Bally Classic from 1964.

The object is either skill shot the ball through the center top in-lane or hit three of the four mushrooms at the bottom to open the “Tour Gate” on the right.  Sending a ball up the Tour Gate will unlock the next city on the backglass and unlocking all 10 cities will award three free plays (yes it is that hard to do).  Cities stay lit from player to player.

If all four mushrooms are hit the gate on the right out-lane opens up for high scoring potential.  A score of 500 is pretty good on both this table and the real thing.

There are also rare “Butterfly Rollovers” on each side of the center arch that score 50 points when lit.

The table has the standard left flipper button menu system like all of my other tables and also incorporates nFozzy’s flipper and dampening physics.  The excellent graphics, lighting and materials settings are thanks to Bord and his crazy good Blender skills!  The multi-peg rubber bands have all been subdivided like in Bord’s Seawitch Blender series so each section (post, mid-section, outer-section) has different physics settings.

I own a GT so all of the art work was scanned and the physics of the table have been carefully set to mimic the real table as much as possible.  I’m especially pleased with how the ball lazily bounces around the upper in-lanes.  The table is set up for surround sound should your system have that capability.

Total of 54 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      Slydog43
      Participant
        @slydog43

Loving it, no b2s? Sorry I’m an idiot (found it, and wow the titties r awesome)

2 users thanked author for this post.
        randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Wow looks great! Thanks

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Scotty VH
            @scottt
            ModeratorMember

Where is the b2s?

Scottacus
            Participant
              @scottacus
              MembervipContributor

I missed the B2S on the initial upload because I put in the PinballY High Scores file (which has the exact same file icon) instead.  The B2S is in the download folder now along with a wheel image, instruction card and groovy flyer.

Thanks @SlyDog43 for pointing that out!

outhere
                @outhere
                MemberContributorvipModerator

Looks fantastic :good: :good:

bord
                  @bord
                  MembervipContributorModerator

Congratulations, @scottacus! I love, love, love this game. The art, the layout, the rules, the strange butterfly-looking switches on the inner orbits… great stuff. Thanks for sharing your restoration project and ultimately the VP version.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  coreduo0099
                  Participant
                    @coreduo0099

Wow, one of the best EM repos in a long time.  I only changed one thing.. I put the GT Bells on the table instead of backglass.  They had playfield positions configured but were set to backglass.

Nice job @scottacus

Scottacus
                    Participant
                      @scottacus
                      MembervipContributor

Thanks!  Those sound points are generic from my base table set up, the bells are in the head.

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

Looks great. Will be played this afternoon for sure. Thank you.

Crakkers
                        Participant
                          @crakkers

Looks fantastic. Thanks very much.

3rdaxis
                          Participant
                            @3rdaxis
                            MemberContributor

Absolutely beautiful work here. The sounds are refreshingly new and game play is fantastic. Well done.

kds70
                            Participant
                              @kds70

Thanks for this beauty and to be a part of test playing … a really amazing release Scott :rose:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              Jopp
                              Participant
                                @joppnl

Fantastic job, looks amazing, plays great, thank you! :good:

My favorite pinball machine?
                                Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

STAT
                                Participant
                                  @stefanaustria
                                  MemberContributor

Thanks so much scottacus :good:

Here is a (bit better) Wheel Image, made in the Past for the VP9 Version:

http://roguepinball.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=499
                                  ( you have to login first, then click here again )

Peter222
                                  Participant
                                    @swietlikowa

Beautiful! Thanks!

My FS POV:

2020-06-11_11-52

<fullscreen>
                                    <inclination>1.600003</inclination>
                                    <fov>22.199955</fov>
                                    <layback>79.399826</layback>
                                    <rotation>270.000000</rotation>
                                    <xscale>1.001999</xscale>
                                    <yscale>1.107999</yscale>
                                    <zscale>1.000000</zscale>
                                    <xoffset>111.799423</xoffset>
                                    <yoffset>-2.000000</yoffset>
                                    <zoffset>-282.000000</zoffset>
                                    </fullscreen>

Teahaus
                                    Participant
                                      @teahaus

Incredible!  Looks and plays beautifully.  A real work of art.  Congrats on the great job.  The real table must be a lot of fun to play!!

Scottacus
                                      Participant
                                        @scottacus
                                        MembervipContributor

@3rdaxis thanks for noticing the sounds.  Many were recorded from the actual machine like the heavy “thunk” that is the big bank relay that resets the mushrooms after each ball drain.  Recording the bell sounds was a real pain, for some reason or other my condenser mic couldn’t get a good recording of them in the machine.  I ended up pulling the bells out, mounting them on a wooden support, put a bucket over the mic +bell and hit the bell with a screw driver repeatedly until I got the sound I was looking for!  The score motor and reel advances are not very loud and there is no bonus countdown at the end of a ball so the real table is also surprisingly quiet.

@kds70
                                        thanks so much for testing the table!  I always feel more confident releasing a new system once I’ve know that you’ve tested it.

@teahaus
                                        thanks the real table plays a lot like what you have, for example balls that go down either side arc land mostly on the left flipper just like in the VP version.  Shooting the Tour Gate lane is very difficult (at least for me and I’m not a great player) and a good strategy for scoring is to try to get all four mushrooms to open the right out lane gate as well as try to score 10’s in the center bumpers.

Nemo
                                        Participant
                                          @nemo

Boy these EM’s are growing on me BIG time, thanks for all your effort, especially with taking the bells out and making some sort of soundstage ?? That’s dedication right there, i applaude  :good:

Teahaus
                                          Participant
                                            @teahaus

@3rdaxis thanks for noticing the sounds. Many were recorded from the actual machine like the heavy “thunk” that is the big bank relay that resets the mushrooms after each ball drain. Recording the bell sounds was a real pain, for some reason or other my condenser mic couldn’t get a good recording of them in the machine. I ended up pulling the bells out, mounting them on a wooden support, put a bucket over the mic +bell and hit the bell with a screw driver repeatedly until I got the sound I was looking for! The score motor and reel advances are not very loud and there is no bonus countdown at the end of a ball so the real table is also surprisingly quiet.

The sounds are really good.  I own a similar year Gottlieb Bank-A-Ball, and the thuds from the pop-bumpers and the bells and chimes are what really add to the gameplay.  Unfortunately, I suck at these games with the 2 inch flippers.  I constantly try and employ the same flipper skills one needs and uses with 3 inch flippers and it doesn’t work.  There is control available but you really have to do a lot more nudging to get the ball onto that little flipper.  My wife is really good on our Bank-A-Ball.  I’m just flailing.  But it’s a lot of fun since the 2 inch flippers actually have more power and the ball can really get moving and bouncing around.  Once again Scottacus, great table.  Another to show off the virtual pinball cab to my pinball friends who are skeptics when it comes to virtual thing.  I love both which is why I own real pinballs and the virtual.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 73 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?