Tales of the Arabian Nights 4K

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 284 total)
  • Author
    Loganchihuahua
    Participant
      @chihua07

Thank you so much for this table.  I really am speechless. It has been said by so many others in the pages before this post but you guys deserve countless gratitude for this.

This is simply astounding, amazing, and an absolutely stunning achievement.  Thank you for bringing this joy to all of us. I can’t believe the caliber of this.   :heart: :yes: :yahoo: :heart: :rose: :-)

Thank you!

arconovum
      Participant
        @nicholaschristopher
        MemberContributor

Thanks again Flupper.. looking super in FSS, but I’m not near done with it.

TOTAN Clipboard-1

robwaade
        Participant
          @robwaade

IS THERE A WAY TO TURN OFF THE MAGNASAVE ON THIS AWESOME TABLE I HAVE MAGNASAVE AS MY PLUNGER BUTTON ON AC/DC IT SHOOTS CANNON I DONT HAVE MAGNASAVE BUTTONS ON MY CAB THANKS

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

FIRST OFF ALL – WE DON’T POST WITH ALL CAPS !!! I’m pretty sure that what you are asking for is not what you want to accomplish. But, disabling magnasave. Comment out line 292 to 298. You can however replace the word RightMagnaSave with whatever keycode you need in order to change it to something else, in line nr 292.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            lukpcn
            Participant
              @lukpcn

I have ball stuck somewhere under this ramp, almost every game… any1 have this problem too ?

I need to reset the game to play as the game can’t find ball, even tilt doesn’t work.

stuckUnderRamp

bonobo
              Participant
                @bono59

tout simplement FABULEUX, merciiiii  :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

@lukpcn : Make a second copy of the table. On the copy, go to properties for objects in that general area and make them invisible instead of visible. I should add though. No issues here so I expect that it either something up with your setup or you have changed something on the table. :unsure:

Flupper
                  Participant
                    @philippe

@lukpcn: potential issues:

did you change anything? Like pov? (like Thalamus said); please redownload and dont’t change anything

are you using the latest 10.6 beta?

Is your “elements detail slider” all the way to the right? (not sure about this one, but please try if it is not so)

totof
                    Participant
                      @totof

sublime :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

lukpcn
                      Participant
                        @lukpcn

@Thalamus, @Flupper,  Thx, I’ll check that later the day… will redownload, change nothing and see if it happens, I’m on the latest vp beta

robwaade
                        Participant
                          @robwaade

thalamus thanks for help on magnasave late night didnt realize i had caps on maybe too stunned how how realistic the table is  :yahoo:

Flupper
                          Participant
                            @philippe

If some of you are still looking for a more color neutral look (less orange so to say), I made another LUT specifically for that which will be in version 1.1:

LUTtotan0

Import this png image with F3 into the table with the name “LUTtotan0” and add it to line 37 in the script; like this:

replace “luts = array(“LUTtotan1”, “LUTtotan2″, <etc…>”

with

luts = array(“LUTtotan0”, “LUTtotan1”, “LUTtotan2”, <etc…>

Mark70
                            Participant
                              @mark70

Absolutely outstanding visuals and lighting effects, and in addition superb physics and mechanical sounds!
                              Thanks a lot to all involved for sharing the hard work – it is much appreciated!
                              The result is unbelievable.

Flupper you advised to not change the FS POV settings due to the prerendered textures,
                              but changing only the y scale to make the table wider should not have negative effects, right?

coreduo0099
                              Participant
                                @coreduo0099

Just fired this up at around 11pm On Sunday night, played my best game of TOTAN ever and just read all 8 pages of reviews.

Again, a masterpiece and agree with every complement here.

I’m in awe of how good you all made a 1080p system look with the 4k pre-rendering you did.  Just amazing detail and lack of pixelization!

In a few posts people talked about full screen exclusive.  I normally do not run that way and tried it out.  When I set that I get a rom terminated before initialized issue and the table does not run.

Any ideas?  I’d love to try full screen exclusive.  Even without that it plays phenomenal!

Thanks again for such a work of art.

Ben Logan2
                                Participant
                                  @benlogan2

Rothbauerw and nfozzy — Great job with physics. Nice bounce. Ball feels weighty. Shots feel natural. Lots of flow, as with the original. Thanks!

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

@coreduo0099 : Basically, this article explains part of what you want ( how to start registry editor ).

https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/ – in the script you find cGameName = totan_14 – that means you need to do what I describe, but in this case – on the right side you want to find ‘ddraw’ – double click that. Then change the value to 0. Close VP completely, reload game. Now, if you change that Force Fullscreen. It should work. You should know that by default, now, if VPM is updated ( only a couple of beta releases since ). If you delete the whole rom, like the article explains how to do. DjRobX, has switched VPM to run with ddraw = 0 as default. So, that is another way of fixing it. Or, search forums on how to export registry – do a search and replace of the exported registry file and then re-importing it. And, last – you have setdmd … phew ;)

coreduo0099
                                    Participant
                                      @coreduo0099

Thanks @thalamus

I’m familiar and comfortable with everything in your post.

I have all my tables set to ddraw=0 and ‘default’ registry table as well

for good measure I blasted the totan_14 registry entry, nvram, disabled (renamed) vpreg.stg, changed backglass from .exe to std, then removed backglass.

Still no luck, but I’ve had this before so I don’t think it is tied to totan specifically.

Out of time to tinker for tonight…

Going offline till next weekend due to work, so I’ll check in then where due to how great this table is will probably be buried another another 10 pages of praise.  ;)

Thanks everyone for the fantastic community!

coreduo0099
                                      Participant
                                        @coreduo0099

Ok, I couldn’t help it and had to try a few more things and got it working.

The change that seemed to do it was to also change direct3d=0

Is that what everyone is running?  I’ve had all my tables and defaults set to ddraw=0 and direct3d=1 since day 1 with my cab.

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

Hmm. I will have to check that value when I get home. All I do know is that my defaults is set so I can switch without any problems between force full screen and windowed.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          phlove
                                          Participant
                                            @phlove

first thanks for this great table. The work and the time u spend doing this for the community is outstanding.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 284 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?